Internship Program July – December 2022
African Forum and Network on Debt and Development (AFRODAD)
Duration: 6 months
Positions under: Policy and Advocacy, Campaigns and Communications, and Finance
- Policy and Advocacy- Cameroon;
- Policy and Advocacy- Zimbabwe;
- Campaigns and Communications- Kenya;
- Finance- Zimbabwe;
- Administration- Zimbabwe;
- Executive Director’s Office- Kenya;
- Monitoring & Evaluation- Zimbabwe
The African Forum and Network on Debt and Development (AFRODAD) is a Pan-African Civil Society Organisation with national partners in 16 African countries and 3 regional economic blocs. Our mandate is to enhance public participation on public debt in order to strengthen accountability, governance, and promote responsible borrowing among African Governments. We work to ensure African continent do not slide back into being heavily indebted and are focused on influencing African governments to institute and implement policies and practices for sustainable development and eradication of poverty through development and implementation of sustainable debt policies; transparent, accountable and efficient mechanisms for mobilization and utilization of domestic resources; as well as effective use of international public finance.
With the continent facing a debt crisis, and the world talking about debt in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, AFRODAD is pleased to announce its 2022 Internship Programme. We are looking for a team of interns who have a strong interest in issues of Africa’s debt management, domestic resources, and public finance to join our team and contribute to influencing African Governments to institute and implement policies and practices for sustainable development and eradication of poverty.
Objective of AFRODAD’s Internship Programme 2022
Learn and champion the economic justice movement through policy advocacy and analysis, civil society organizational management, and media relations and coordination.
Do you want to champion AFRODAD’s Initiative to support Africa’s inclusive economic growth and sustainable development through influencing policy change on debt management and development finance anchored on rights-based approaches? Scroll down and find out more!
Knowledge and interest
- Bachelor’s or currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in the following fields: accounting / finance; business studies; communications; data science; development economics; economics; international development; international relations; statistics;
- Skills- strong analytical and written skills; as well as strong public speaker;
- A good understanding of African perspectives on development and finance and passion to advance Africa’s agenda on the global stage; Ability to work from home and remotely due to current Covid-19 restrictions (AFRODAD will provide necessary support for home-working); Language – English and French (For Cameroon and Kenya);
- Desire and effort to learn and grow professionally;
- Interns are required to have their own laptops and have access to stable internet at all times
AFRODAD will be hosting an Internship zoom webinar on 1 June 2022 at 11am to 12:30pm CAT for all prospective interns to meet and interact with former interns and learn on how to successfully apply and experience the internship journey.
Register Here to join the session
To apply for AFRODAD’s Internship Programme, please submit a 500-word personal statement stating your interest together with your detailed CV and at least 3 references, at least one of which should be from your learning institution. Send your application to the Executive Director on [email protected] stating the position you are applying for on the subject line e.g “Intern – Policy and Advocacy” by 12 noon (SAT), Friday 27 May 2022.
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Late applications will not be considered.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment