Location : Addis Ababa , Ethiopia
Closing date : 15 December 2022
Vacancy : Assistant Accountant
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Finance Officer
Directorate/Department : Finance
Division : Financial Management
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: GSA5
Number of Positions: 2
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa , Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
To provide operational support in financial, accounting, administrative and treasury services in order to meet legislative requirements and support AU operations.
• Provides timely operational support;
• Participates in activity planning of the division;
• Prepares operational work schedules and follow up implementation;
• Coordinates and/or engage in technical assistance and/or logistical work;
• Assists in the creation, improvement and maintenance of operational processes and systems;
• Prepares office communication and draft reports;
• Handles communication at operational level and provide update;
• Compiles and maintains data and information for preparation, implementation and monitoring of budgets, activities etc.
• Collects and collates DSA payables (Airline and agents) in readiness for posting/release
• Gathers imprests in readiness for payment
• Collates and vets inter office payables prior to release
• Process interbank Transfers
• Maintains data veracity in SAP
• Service Missions and process all other payables
• Reviews documents for completeness and process all payables (PTSD);
• Process all inter office payments and undertakes Continuous Vendor clearing
• Periodically review all open items in vendors and take appropriate action as required
• Process VAT and Telephone receivable claims
• Safeguards all vouchers including supporting documents for review by both internal and external auditors;
• Provides support in the preparation of financial reports and assists in performance of various clerical duties;
• Settles imprest, travel claims and other advances for Partners funded programmes;
• Ensures ageing analysis of imprest and travel claims on a regular basis to keep clean and up to date;
• Prepares responses to external and internal audit queries and assist in the implementation of audit findings;
• Posts journal entries into the SAP system and reconcile interoffice accounts;
• Analyses and uploads bank data onto the SAP Bank Module from prepared excel files;
• Participates in the preparation of Bank reconciliation reports;
• Investigates and follow up all outstanding items on statement reports of bank reconciliation;
• Follows-up with internal and external audit reports related to any reconciliation issues raised in reports;
• Follows-up periodic currency revaluation procedures on SAP system;
• Processes and verify all bank payment and ensure that the accompanying supporting documents are complete and accurate;
• Processes monthly payroll and related staff emoluments;
• Keeps and updates financial records of the office;
• Maintains updated Personnel data (staff contract, leave management, up-to-date personnel information…);
• Maintains up to date files for service providers/contracts;
• Journalize monthly exchange and bank charges on the various payments effected through Foreign and Local bank accounts;
• Adjusts the local bank balance at the end of each month;
• Prepares Financial Statements to be audited;
• Prepares Financial Reports for consideration by the Supervisor;
• Ensures that accurate and complete accounting, ..
• reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained accurately;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Diploma in Accounting or Finance or related filed, with three (3) years of relevant work experience in the areas of Accounting/finance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or related filed, with two (2) years of relevant work experience in the areas of Accounting/finance.
• Conscientious in observing deadlines and achieving results
• Familiarity with international and regional policy processes and policy analysis in the relevant area
• Analytical skills
• Knowledge in Microsoft suite (Excel, Word etc.)
• Interpersonal skills
• Able to communicate orally and in writing
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
..Teamwork and Collaboration
..Accountability awareness and Compliance
..Job Knowledge Sharing
..Continuous Improvement Awareness
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 15,758.000 (GSA 5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 16,813.44 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made not later than 15th December 2022.
Requisition ID: 1516
Find similar jobs:
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel