Location : Midrand, South Africa
Closing Date : 24 October 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Assistant Clerk (PAP)
Purpose of Job
To provide technical and administrative services to facilitate the orderly and efficient operation of the Parliament’s sittings.
- •Supports of the Chamber as Table officer.
- Collects reliable information for the verification of credentials of the Members of Parliament.
- Assists in producing Votes and Procedures, and compilation of legislative report during the Plenary sittings
- Supports the electoral process of the Parliament
- Assists in the planning of PAP’s meetings and parliamentary sessions.
- Facilitates the arrangement of different types of meetings, such as the staturory and non-statutory ones.
- Prepares and disseminates agendas of meetings as well as order paper’s and procedural guides.
- Records the minutes of the meetings.
- Prepares and submits periodic reports on activities of the Unit or specific missions.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- •Keeps the membership data of the Parliament up to date.
- Prepares orientation meeting for the administration of Oath for the new Members.
- Ensures circulation of documents in the Chamber
- Compiles attendance sheets of MPs and registration of speakers lists for debates.
- Supports preparation of the Division budget and work plan
- Prepares periodic reports
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law, Social Sciences, or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in serving committees and work in parliamentary documentation and research..
• Interpersonal skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Ability to negotiate diplomatically
• Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Foster Accountability Culture:
Communicating with Influence ….
Conceptual thinking ….
Job Knowledge Sharing…
Drive for Results
Continuous Improvement Orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 25,523.00 (P1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 21,832.68 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than October 24, 2022.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment