Location : Mutare
Closing Date : 31 December 2022
Africa University (AU)
Africa University, a Pan African Institution, a United Methodist Church Related Institution, a member of the African Association of Universities invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the following managerial position:
Vacancy : ASSISTANT REGISTRAR – PERSONNEL AND ADMINISTRATION
The Assistant Registrar – Personnel and Administration reports to the Registrar and leads the Human Resources Unit. The Assistant Registrar – Personnel and Administration, in liaison with senior management, is responsible for the Human Resources Strategy and its implementation. In addition, the role is also responsible for employee resourcing, industrial relations, human resources administration, reward management, talent development and implementation of the University’s strategic human resources plan.
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, Organisational Psychology, Management or equivalent.
- Experience working in higher education setting within a multicultural/faith-based environment is an added advantage.
- Five (5) years proven managerial experience in human resources.
- Demonstrated good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and critical skills to solve complex and dynamic human resources issues
- Practical experience in handling labour matters.
- Must appreciate the use of technology in improving efficiencies. Must show capacity in using technology for quality service delivery in personnel matters.
- High level of emotional maturity, integrity and professionalism.
- Must be an assertive person and people centric.
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR – PERSONNEL AND ADMINISTRATION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the guidance of the Principal Officers, formulates, recommends and implements the human resources strategy.
- Monitors and controls implementation of human resources policies and procedures.
- Manages the recruitment and selection process of both national and International staff including international staff mobility.
- Processing visas and work permits for international staff.
- Recommends reward strategies to attract and retain both international and national staff.
- Administers and maintains job evaluation system and policy.
- Manages staff databases or information management systems to support decision making.
- Advises on staff disciplinary and industrial relations matters and coordinate staff disciplinary proceedings.
- Implements and administers the performance management systems.
- Serves in Committee(s) work as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
- Recommends talent development strategies to support university strategy and objectives.
- Draws up and coordinates the Annual Staff Development Programme.
- Prepares, submits and implements annual human resources unit budget including budgetary control.
- Develops, recommends and manages the University staff wellness and health management programmes.
- Facilitates organizational development interventions including conducting internal staff surveys.
- Manages the allocation of office and accommodation spaces to staff as guided by university policies and procedures.
- Supervise payroll administration.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be received as one file. The application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, and at least three names of referees with their e-mail, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 31 December 2022.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment