Station : Mutare
Closing Date : 9 September 2022
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences (MSUAS)
Vacancy : ASSISTANT TO THE VICE CHANCELLOR (1 POST)
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Assistant to the Vice Chancellor provides high-level administrative support to the Vice-Chancellor whose activities are multi-dimensional, extremely complex and externally visible which are paramount to the success, reputation and integrity of the University. The position entails managing and executing a broad range of administrative, operational, and executive support activities for the Vice Chancellor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring, tracking and follow up on the progress of a wide range of programs, initiatives, and activities, documents, projects and tasks.
- Ensuring attention to time-sensitive issues and longer-term initiatives for the Vice Chancellor and keeping the Vice Chancellor apprised of status and developments of such activities.
- Assist with strategic day-to-day leadership and direction of all aspects of the Office of the Vice Chancellor and ensure that both matters of a routine and more critical nature are dealt with promptly and efficiently in the Vice Chancellor’s office.
- Providing a comprehensive, proactive and confidential executive support service and assisting the Vice Chancellor, by planning, organizing, coordinating, and participating in the operations of the office.
- In liaison with the Director – Marketing, Information and Public Relations do related work with a particular focus on effective management of strategic, internal and external communications.
- Provide succinct background information to support decision making relating to strategic developments for the University.
- Ensuring information collected from units for submission and for decision-making is factual by cross checking facts with the Registrar.
- Serve as the point person for external institutions and individuals who need to contact the Vice Chancellor.
- Co-ordinate and organise hosting high profile events and visits, and assist in preparing venues as required.
- Assisting in ensuring compliance with the policies of Central Government, parent Ministry, Council and University in general.
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a first degree in Administration/Communication plus a Master’s degree in Administration/Communication or its equivalent.
- Possession of a PhD is a distinct advantage.
- At least six (6) years hands on post qualification experience of which at least three (3) years should be at Senior Management level with a significant part in a higher education institution or organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of University governance and structures is a must.
- Ability and commitment to support the Vice Chancellor in executing the mandate of the University is a further requirement.
- In addition, applicants should be able to work under pressure, possess high level of presentation and report writing expertise and be able to communicate at all levels within the University.
- he incumbent should have excellent communication skills both written and oral, be of high integrity and should work under pressure with minimum supervision.
Interested candidates must submit six (6) sets of hardcopy applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification (ID & birth certificate) and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, date of availability, current salary, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
Bag 7001, Stair Guthrie Road
By no later than 1400 hours on 9 September 2022. Applicants should clearly indicate the post being applied for on the application letter, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. In addition, applicants must submit an electronic copy of their application pack as a single merged pdf file to the email address: [email protected] by no later than the closing date of receipt of hard copy applications.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment