Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing date : 6 December 2023
Vacancy : Benefits Officer
• Respect for Diversity and TeamWork • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Senior Salary and Benefits Officer
Directorate/Department: Human Resources Management
Division: HR Shared Services
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Number of Positions: 1
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
To provide technical support for the administration of all staff benefits as well as any other staff welfare related issues.
• Provides technical support in the overall administration of staff benefits
• Provides support in following up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
• Maintains profile of staff benefits matters and recommend new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research on the area
• Provides support in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area.
• Contributes in timely generation and analyzing accurate reports for the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use.
• Coordinates the delegation and execution of defined research areas.
• Participates in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
• Engages with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships.
• Supports the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
• Produces draft reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
• Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders
• Provides support in evaluation of pension and insurance schemes to ensure value for money services as well as competitiveness of proposed scheme in comparison to the current market.
• Provides support in the promotion of awareness of pension and its regulations;
• Provide support in the development and review of staff benefits related policies.
• Enrols eligible staff to the AU Pension Scheme, Medical and Life Group insurance schemes;
• Updates the staff pension contribution on monthly basis including changes in contributions in the in-house developed application
• Processes home leave for eligible staff members and their eligible dependents while ensuring effective customer service;
• Updates information of staff dependents for eventual child and spouse allowances where applicable while ensuring accuracy of information;
• Verifies eligibility and authenticity of educational claims documents including invoices/receipts
• Processes medical claims in liaison with Medical Services and Finance for timely refund
• Ensures quarterly updates of staff beneficiaries;
• Processes and liaises with Finance for the payment of staff entitlements upon separation.
• Ensures insurance coverage for all AUC Assets in liaison with Operations Support Services
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Human resources management, Business or Public Administration, Finance or related fields with 5 years of progressively experience in staff benefits administration in similar international organization.
• Master’s Degree are required to have 2 years of progressive experience in indicated fields.
• Experience processing staff benefits in a large similar international organization with a large employee base is mandatory;
• Management and supervisory skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural setting
• Communication and report writing skills
• Knowledge and working understating of AU policies, standards and systems
• Ability to use Microsoft Office suite and AU computing systems
• Inter-personal and customer/ client service skills
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic or Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Teamwork and Collaboration..
Accountability awareness and Compliance..
Communicating with Influence:
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
Job Knowledge and information sharing
.Drive for Result
Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than January 6 2023.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1572
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel