Job Vacancy for Chief Communications Specialist (PCSC) in Côte d’Ivoire. Jobs Vacancies near me August 2023
Location : Côte d’Ivoire
Closing Date : 03 September 2023
African Development Bank (AFDB)
Full vacancy title: Chief Communications Specialist (PCSC)
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
The African Development Bank Group (the Bank) is the premier pan-African development institution promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. It is composed of 81 member states, including 54 Regional Member Countries (African Countries) and 27 non-regional member countries.
The Bank mobilises and allocates resources to African countries, individually and collectively, for investment in public and private capital projects and programmes. To ensure greater developmental impacts and accelerate the implementation of its Ten-Year Strategy (2013 – 2022), the Bank’s operational focus has been placed on the High Fives: powering Africa, feeding Africa, industrializing Africa, integrating Africa, and improving the quality of life of Africans.
The Bank is seeking to build a management team to lead the successful implementation of its Ten-Year Strategy and High Fives.
The Presidency Complex (URPR) comprises the Office of The President of the Bank Group and all corporate offices, departments and other organisation units that are directly subordinate to the Presidency in administrative as well as functional terms. The President, in the capacity of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bank Group, is mandated to provide competent strategic management of the Bank Group and all its resources towards the fulfilment of the Bank Group’s purpose of contributing to economic development and social progress of Regional Member Countries.
The Presidency Complex provides day-to-day and medium-term corporate leadership and executive oversight, maintains communication with the Bank Group’s Member Countries, and supports the Boards of Directors in the conduct of their statutory roles. In addition, the Complex provides legal and regulatory oversight on the conduct of the Bank Group’s business and integrated risk management of Bank Group operations, oversees corporate communication with a range of internal and external stakeholders, promotes integrity, transparency and the highest ethical standards and norms among Bank Group personnel in the conduct of their work, and assures the security of the Bank Group’s personnel, premises and physical assets, information and data in all locations where the Bank Group operates. Furthermore, the PRST Complex is also involved in catalysing investment from various sources in line with the operational priorities of the Bank Group.
The President directly supervises several departments and units including Office of the President (PCSC); the Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (PIAC); the Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); the Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); the General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); the Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); the Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH); Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat (PSEG); the Africa Investment Forum (PAIF); the Joint Secretariat Support Office (PJSS) and; the External Representation Office in Asia (PEXT).
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The Executive Office of the President assists the President in planning, supervising, and managing the business of the Bank Group. The Office of the President monitors, coordinates and supervises the implementation of various Bank programs based on the global or regional trends and emerging knowledge in the major development areas of agriculture, human and social development, energy and climate, and gender and civil society. The Office examines the impact of the Bank Group country and regional programs in responding to existing and emerging development trends and needs in the regional member countries, identifies new areas for business growth; leads and coordinates the preparation of technical and knowledge briefs for the President’s internal and external engagements; and monitors the effective and timely implementation of Presidential instructions, Board and Management decisions. Under other activities, the Office prepares and organizes the President’s missions and represents the Bank at international conferences and on working missions to member countries; organizes meetings with Bank’s Senior Management; reviews, evaluates and gives advice on communication and interaction between the Presidency and the various organs of the Bank; provides effective administrative and logistic support to facilitate implementation of the President’s programs; and prepares, monitors audit reports and follows up on the implementation of the recommendations of the reports.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven speechwriter with exceptional writing, research and analytical skills. The specialist is expected to have meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines. The specialist’s responsibilities include drafting executive level speeches suited to diverse audiences and platforms, completing revisions according to client feedback, and meeting all deadlines. Furthermore, the specialist will work with other Bank staff in and outside of the Cabinet to support the management of external and internal communications needs directly related to the Presidency.
Under the general guidance of the Director-General of Cabinet, the incumbent will be assigned the following duties, including but not limited to:
- Working with the President, Cabinet and other senior Bank staff to determine key points, themes, positions, and core messages for speeches and public statements;
- Flesh out well-structured draft speech/statements reflecting the President’s message;
- Creating, editing and revising various forms of communication products, including but not limited to correspondence and technical documentation such as speeches, factsheets, talking points, opinions, preface, foreword, web-articles and social media texts in a consistent and coherent manner across various communication platforms;
- Conducting research, including material produced by the African Development Bank Group and other relevant organizations, in consultation with substantive units and relevant staff in the President’s Cabinet t and relevant Vice-Presidential Complexes;
- Ensuring all written work is authentic, original and appropriately cited and/or referenced;
- Editing and proof-reading documents including spell checks, acronyms and abbreviations, etc.
- Providing advisories on strategic communications opportunities;
- Developing outlines with compelling narratives, including relevant examples of African Development Bank activities and results;
- Researching, verifying content, and transforming complex concepts into clear, meaningful and effective communication;
- Collaborating with the Bank’s Communications Department on all aspects of communication and supporting an enhanced understanding of strategic communication activities;
- Reviewing the content of major communication strategies and materials specific to the work of the President, for the purpose of ensuring consistency with corporate policies, messaging and initiatives; and
- Performing other related responsibilities as assigned, including replacing and backstopping, as required.
COMPETENCIES (Qualifications, Experience & Skills):
- At least a master’s degree in Journalism, Communication or Communication related disciplines, International Relations, the Social Sciences or related disciplines;
- Demonstrable experience working with senior leaders of at least seven (years), preferably as a speechwriter, communications specialist, storyteller, narrative development, or a similar role;
- Exceptional rigor and ability to understand/research data, facts, trends, examples, stories;
- Excellent writing skills, including experience in creating, editing and proofreading within a professional organization;
- Strong research capabilities to gather relevant data and information for speeches and communications materials;
- Adept at translating complex ideas into accessible language for various audiences with sensitivity the cultural contexts;
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to quality;
- Knowledge of current events, industry trends, and public policy issues;
- Familiarity with the role of development finance institutions in facilitating socioeconomic reform and addressing poverty reduction in developing countries, a plus; and
- Competence in the use of standard software applications.
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural skills and related sensitivity and adaptability;
- Quick learner with high energy, continuous curiosity and with an ability to think clearly and articulate precisely; and
- Collaborative style with the ability to work as part of a team in a high-pressure environment.
THIS POSITION IS CLASSIFIED INTERNATIONAL STATUS AND ATTRACTS INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT.
Also on www.hotzimbabwejobs.com
- Zimbabwe School of Mines Courses August 2023/2024 Intakes
- Mkoba Teachers College January 2024 Intake
- Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences (MSUAS) Vacancies August 2023
- Great Zimbabwe University (GZU) Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe United Passenger Company (ZUPCO) Vacancies August 2023
- Plumtree Town Council Vacancies August 2023
- Chirundu Local Board Vacancies August 2023
- Consumer Protection Commission (CPC) Vacancies August 2023
- Job Vacancies at Food and Nutrition Council (FNC) August 2023
- Tsholotsho Rural District Council Vacancies August 2023
- Rural Electrification Fund Vacancies August 2023
- Aviation Training Academy of Zimbabwe (ATAZ)
- Industrial Training and Trade Testing Department : Apprenticeship Training in Zimbabwe
- Accreditation of Journalists and Other Media Practitioners in Zimbabwe
- Talk about Drugs, Job search and Drug abuse 2023
- The State of Consumer Services Jobs: An Overview of the Industry
- Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Polytechnic Faculty of Education Courses and Job Opportunities
- Canada Scholarships for International Students
- Schwarzman Scholars Programme (MSc) 2024
- AAUW International Fellowships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students 2024
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel