Station ; Mutare
Closing Date : 9 September 2022
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences (MSUAS)
Vacancy : CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR (1 POST)
This is a senior position which requires a highly qualified individual with expertise in Auditing. The successful candidate will report directly to the Vice Chancellor and should have a deep understanding and knowledge of University administration and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Apart from being responsible to the University Audit Committee and the Vice Chancellor, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Overseeing and managing the University’s internal audit function and operations.
- Developing, directing and implementing comprehensive University wide internal audit goals, objectives and programs.
- Developing quarterly and annual internal audit plans, programme design and reports.
- Planning and preparing periodic audit programmes in accordance with prescribed audit/accounting standards.
- Supervising subordinates and providing comprehensive in-house training to ensure qualitative audits.
- Evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over the institution’s activities.
- Carrying out special audits to facilitate investigations as and when required
- Liaising with external auditors.
- Presenting monthly audit reports to the Vice Chancellor and the Audit Committee.
- Reviewing and analyzing audit results, preparing audit reports including findings, analysis and recommendations.
- Communication of audit findings and recommendations with management and auditees, monitoring the implementation of audit recommendations and findings, and ensuring exceptions have been addressed.
- Ensuring that the audit report is in line with the requirements of best practices and maintaining the highest quality levels. This includes in-depth analysis into processes.
- Ensuring compliance with established internal control policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that working papers meet quality standards, are cross referenced to the report and supported by printed or electronic documentation.
- Leading internal control through a comprehensive risk based audit.
- Identifying control procedures in order to ensure that risks are properly monitored.
- Establishing risk-based audit programs.
- Monitoring the risk environment and assessing the emerging risks.
- Developing the risk profile of the University and conducting follow up reviews.
- Developing policies and procedures for the Audit Department.
- Overseeing and manages the internal audit operations for the University.
- Determining budgetary requirements of the internal audit program and administering the program through subordinate managers.
- Ensuring planning, monitoring and appraisal of staff work.
- Human Resources function: recruitment, supervision of staff and performance management at department level.
- Servicing of Committee Meetings.
- Performing other job related duties as may be assigned.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a first degree in Auditing/Accounting and a Master’s degree in Accounting or its equivalent, plus at least six (6) years hands on post qualification experience in the auditing field.
- University experience in internal auditing is a distinct advantage.
- Applicants should be preferably members of IIA or equivalent institute and must be a registered public auditor with PAAB in Zimbabwe.
- Must be highly computer literate with a deep understanding of presentation suites such as MS-power point, and internal control and accounting systems.
- In addition, applicants should be able to work under pressure, have proven track record of taking full responsibility for a multifaceted job in a dynamic environment, be a mature person of good repute who enjoys an outstanding reputation in the chosen field, be of high integrity and possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Interested candidates must submit six (6) sets of hardcopy applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification (ID & birth certificate) and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, date of availability, current salary, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
Bag 7001, Stair Guthrie Road
By no later than 1400 hours on 9 September 2022. Applicants should clearly indicate the post being applied for on the application letter, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to. In addition, applicants must submit an electronic copy of their application pack as a single merged pdf file to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the closing date of receipt of hard copy applications.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel