Job Vacancy for Deputy Clerk – Finance, Administration & HR at The Pan-African Parliament in Midrand, South Africa. Latest Jobs Vacancies August 2023
Location: South Africa
Organization: African Union
Pan-African Parliament (PAP)
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Clerk of PAP
Directorate/Department : Finance, Administration & HR
Division : Finance, Administration & HR (FAHR)
Number of Direct Reports: 4
Number of Indirect Reports: 17
Job Grade: P6
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Vacancy : Deputy Clerk – Finance, Administration & HR
Purpose of Job
To provide strategic leadership for the overall supervision and management of the department of Finance, Administration & Human Resources.
- Oversees the management of PAP’s Finances, Administration, Human Resource Management and Development functions.
- Leads the development and implementation of internal corporate, financial, administrative and human resources management strategies, policies and plans.
- Regularly reviews processes and procedures and recommends appropriate changes to improve staff and organisational performance in line with best practices and relevant rules and procedures of the AU.
- Ensures that the human resource requirements, budgeting, performance management, quality control, discipline, training and development are in conformity with relevant rules and procedures of the AU.
- Oversees the preparation of the Department’s annual work plan and conducts performance appraisals for staff under his/her supervision.
- Builds and maintains good working relations with all Divisions and Units within the Department as well as with other Offices and Departments within PAP.
- Takes direct responsibility for the development and implementation of PAP’s resource mobilization, income generation and investment management strategies.
- Works directly with auditors, the legal services officers and funding partners.
- Coordinates the activities of the Department of Finance, Administration and Human Resources, providing appropriate managerial, logistical and administration guidance required to achieve PAP’s mandate.
- Ensures the development and implementation of frameworks, systems and policies for managing administrative services in PAP in accordance with AU Regulations and Rules, Manuals and policies.
- Analyses and reviews processes and working methods and recommends procedure and policy changes to the Clerk of Parliament to improve operations.
- Guides the preparation and implementation of the administrative budget ensuring that it is utilized in an effective and efficient manner.
- Advises on and ensures implementation of effective procurement framework, systems, policies and guidelines.
- Advises on and ensures that protocol is maintained and protocol and logistics services are provided to stakeholders and PAP staff.
- Advises on and implements the host country’s agreement on privileges and immunities as they relate to PAP and its staff.
- Ensures provision of quality facilities management services and security services.
- Ensures development and implementation of an effective IT framework, system and policies.
- Implements contractual agreements signed by PAP.
- Leads all financial operations, including resource accounting, budgeting, payroll, financial reporting and internal controls, cash flow management, forecasting, short- and long-term financial planning, and reporting functions in compliance with AU frameworks.
- Ensures the preparation of PAP budgets, budget execution reports, financial reports, including quarterly and annual financial statements on time and in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and AU guidelines.
- Ensures timely preparation and submission of budget performance reports to the AU and development partners.
- Ensures the development of an effective financial performance management and reporting system that provides updated information for line managers, regular reports for the President and the Bureau and ensures compliance with statutory reporting requirements.
- Develops and implements effective and efficient grants management system and policies, including project finances and ensures timely call for pledged funds and compliance with PAP’s financial management guidelines.
- Leads the development and management of an institutional framework for the implementation of PAP’s budgetary and financial policies, systems, processes and procedures in accordance with AU financial policies, regulations and controls.
Human Resources Management
- Develops and implements an overall Human Resources (HR) strategy and administrative system, ensuring alignment with the strategic vision and objectives of PAP and AU Regulations and Rules.
- Advises on the direction and undertakes the implementation of HR policies and procedures.
- Advises the Clerk of Parliament and staff honestly and clearly on HR issues, ensures teamwork and promotes a positive internal environment within PAP.
- Ensures that PAP attracts and retains a highly competent multicultural, multilingual and gender-balanced staff with the qualifications, skills, competencies and orientation required to implement its activities fully and successfully.
- Advises the Clerk of Parliament on an effective organizational structure that supports the overall operations of PAP.
- Works closely with the Head of HR to manage staff relations and provide guidance in the handling of staff grievances.
- Develops and implements an effective performance management system that aligns institutional performance with individual performance.
- Performs any other work as may be assigned by the Clerk of PAP.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Master’s Degree in finance, human resources management, public or business administration with fourteen (14) years of relevant work experience in finance, administration or HR management/development in an International Organisation or National and/or Supranational Parliament, of which seven (7) years at managerial level and four (5) years at senior management level.
- Leadership and management skills
- Ability to successfully manage teams in Multicultural and Multilingual environ
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Presentation, report writing and communication skills;
- Computer skills with practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Managing Risk ….
Foster Accountability Culture:
.Communicating with impact
Drive for Results…
.Job Knowledge Sharing
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 61,023.00 (P6 Step 1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be submitted no later than September 7, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
-Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
-Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
-The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
-Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia.
Also on www.hotzimbabwejobs.com
- Zimbabwe School of Mines Courses August 2023/2024 Intakes
- Mkoba Teachers College January 2024 Intake
- Hwange Teachers College January 2024 Intake
- National Aids Council (NAC) Vacancies July 2023
- Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) Vacancies July 2023
- Graduate Trainees at Dorowa Minerals Limited
- Dorowa Minerals Apprenticeship Intake 2023
- Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences (MSUAS) Vacancies August 2023
- Great Zimbabwe University (GZU) Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe United Passenger Company (ZUPCO) Vacancies August 2023
- People’s Own Savings Bank (POSB) Vacancies August 2023
- Peace Security Company Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) Vacancies August 2023
- Aviation Training Academy of Zimbabwe (ATAZ)
- Industrial Training and Trade Testing Department : Apprenticeship Training in Zimbabwe
- Accreditation of Journalists and Other Media Practitioners in Zimbabwe
- Talk about Drugs, Job search and Drug abuse 2023
- The State of Consumer Services Jobs: An Overview of the Industry
- Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Polytechnic Faculty of Education Courses and Job Opportunities
- Canada Scholarships for International Students
- Schwarzman Scholars Programme (MSc) 2024
- AAUW International Fellowships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students 2024
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs