Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date : 26 September 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Executive Assistant
Purpose of Job
To provide general office management and professional support for the effective and efficient running of the Office of the Director General (ODG).
- Provides administrative and professional support for the delivery of assignment in their respective area of work
- Facilities and implements activities and programs with reference to established policies and procedures.
- Provides support in following up on the activities of the ODG
- Conducts initial analysis and generates draft reports in a timely manner for the respective Office and AU’s internal use
- Provides support to senior officers in setting the overall research direction of a relevant technical area.
- Participates in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
- Prepares draft briefs from engagement with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develops relationships as may be delegated
- Provides support for the promotion of the activities of the ODG including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets and others as appropriate in collaboration with counterparts in Communication
- Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders
- Maintains the work schedule of the Office in general and the Supervisor in particular, prepare and share calendar in due time, to allow proper preparation for scheduled activities
- Analyses and maintains an overview of the ODG’s work to ensure that timely administrative and technical support is provided in general and specialized areas;
- Prepares plans related to the organization of meetings identified by the ODG, including coordination of invitations, confirmations, ticketing and accommodation for multiple participants for the Office;
- guide and coordinates efforts of the administrative support and registry staff on planned activities
- Leads and provides guidance to the administrative support staff of the ODG, to effectively channel incoming correspondences and enquiries, to liaise with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides oversight on matters related to facilities management (office space and equipment), activities linked to issues of security and protocol, finance, human resources, supply chain, security, conference management and other service providing departments as well as service providing bodies;
- Provides first hand technical and administrative support to the ODG in preparing draft budgets, work plans, summaries (on technical, finance and human resource related files) for the reference of the supervisor, to facilitate guidance, decisions and actions, as appropriate.
- Conducts research on topics related to the activities of the office or matters identified by the Management and members of the ODG, to facilitate activity implementation and decision making
- Provides support on the implementation and monitoring of budgets.
- Prepares office communication including but not limited to official memos, note verbale, analysis reports and summaries, draft presentations (as required) in connection with the activities carried out by the respective office.
- Maintains special and confidential files and ensure adequate accessibility for the allowed users.
- Ensures that confidentiality of information and management records is guaranteed;
- Liaises with the administrative support personnel to ensure that meeting and correspondences outcomes is duly monitored and decisions implemented;
- Provide timely report to the supervisor/concerned official;
- provide support in planning and executing next actions to realize expected outcomes.
- Prepares and participates in various departmental meetings and ensure that minutes and/or notes for review and endorsement by participants are timely prepared;
- review/edit and follow up on timely dispatch.
- Provides oversight on the activities of administrative support staff in relation to communications support to ensure timely responses to internal and/or external inquiries, coming through official correspondences, emails etc.
- Provides support to Administrative Assistants and Secretaries whenever required.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor in Business Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Program/Project Management or any related field from a recognized educational institution with two (2) years of relevant work experience in administration, office management and/or program management, with adequate exposure to secretarial and records management work.
- A higher qualification will be an added advantage
- Experience in Office Management is mandatory.
- Experience in planning and coordination of meetings with various stakeholders is mandatory.
- Supervisory experience and work experience in SAP will be an added advantage
- Management and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and AU computer systems (Powerpoint, infographics and dashboarding is required)
- Planning and organizing skills
- Data Collection and analysis skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, standards and operating systems
- Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural setting
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic or Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Teamwork and Collaboration..
Accountability awareness and Compliance..
Communicating with Influence…
Analytical thinking and problem solving..
Job Knowledge and information sharing..
Drive for result..
Continuous improvement focus..
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 25,523.00 (P1 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than September 26, 2022.
Requisition ID: 987
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment