Location : Addis Ababa
Closing date : 15 December 2022
Vacancy : Flagship Project and PIDA Coordinator
Date: Nov 14, 2022
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and TeamWork • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Director of Infrastructure and Energy
Directorate/Department : Infrastructure and Energy Department
Division : PIDA Coordination Unit
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Number of Positions: 1
Job Grade: P3
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
To provide technical support for the effective coordination of the division’s activities.
• Provides support in the preparation and Implementation of the programs developed out of the Division’s strategic plan;
• Ensures effective coordination and implementation of work programs at various levels;
• Liaise with Member States, Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and other stakeholders on relevant matters;
• Prepares periodic reports, budget and work programs related to the functioning of the Division;
• Provides support to develop resource mobilization strategy with stakeholder’s coordination;
• Manages and supervise employees under supervision with regard to activity implementation and performance evaluation;
• Conducts complex analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the Division and AU’s internal use;
• Liaise with the various Departments/Departments of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes;
• Prepares budgets for the Division in accordance with relevant frameworks.
• Supports the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets as may be required;
• Actively contributes to the development of strategies, policies, programs and plans.
• Coordinates the mainstreaming of the unit into relevant programs and ensure linkages, synergies and opportunities for joint programming;
• Provides technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to the implementation of the flagship projects;
• Coordinates PIDA/infrastructure matters with key stakeholders, esp. AUDA-NEPAD, the Regional Economic Communities, the AU Member States, the African Development Bank, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa and other PIDA financiers, the civil society, the private sector;
• Facilitates the high-level political process of implementation of PIDA priority projects;
• Supports the development of regional infrastructure on the continent and conduct respective actions to implement recommendations;
• Coordinates PIDA communication activities to increase visibility and awareness on infrastructure/ PIDA matters and projects;
• Facilitates Member States and partner coordination around PIDA and regional infrastructure matters;
• Supports PIDA program management related activities, budget formulation, impact monitoring and reporting;
• Coordinates activities, supervise and manage employees with regard to organization and performance evaluation;
• Designs strategies and policies consistent with the AU’s goal in order to address the pertinent issues in the relevant area;
• Facilitates and coordinate the implementation and monitoring of the flagship and PIDA projects.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Master’s Degree in engineering in one of the PIDA Sectors (Transport, Energy, ICT and Transboundary Water), economics, or in a relevant field with seven (7) years of experience of which 3 years should have been served at supervisory level.
• A Bachelor’s degree in engineering in one of the PIDA Sectors (Transport, Energy, ICT and Transboundary Water), economics, or in a relevant field with ten (10) years of experience of which 3 years should have been served at supervisory level.
• Interpersonal skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Ability to negotiate diplomatically
• Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, and Arabic) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Strategic Insight ….
Foster Accountability Culture
Conceptual Thinking ….
Drive for Results…
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than December 15th 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Requisition ID: 1545
Find similar jobs:
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel