Station : Chinhoyi
Closing Date : 2 September 2022
Chinhoyi University of Technology (CUT)
Vacancy : General Hand (6 Posts)
- Applicants must have a minimum of (3) Ordinary Level passes and at least two (2) years relevant working experience will be an added advantage
- Applicants must also have a good track record of hard work, loyalty and honesty.
- Applicants should be able to read English language and understand written work orders and instructions as well as directions for the proper mixture, use, and disposal/storage of chemicals, fertilizers and similar products used in grounds keeping.
- Maintaining, caring, and modifying University grounds and landscapes;
- perating electrically-powered and gasoline-powered grounds small equipment like grass cutters, lawn mowers etc;
- Cultivating and trimming trees and shrubs;
- Seeding, watering, mulching, fertilizing and applying chemicals to outside plants, lawns and turf;
- Inspecting plant materials for insects, disease, physical and mechanical damage;
- Indentifying replacements and transplanting of flowers and shrubs;
- Mowing lawns with slashers, riding or push mowers, trimming and edging around trees, shrubs, ground cover, flowers, sidewalks and buildings;
- Weeding, thinning and cleaning flower beds and other grounds by hand or utilizing proper tools and equipment;
- Removing unsightly trash and debris from public areas by regularly inspecting grounds, drains, manhole covers, etc for debris;
- Raking, sweeping and bagging leaves, debris, dirt and trash from streets, sidewalks, parking lots, tunnels, and transporting the trash to designated central points.
- Applying chemicals used in grounds keeping (horticulture, turf management, and floriculture) properly and safely;
- Performing any other related duties as may be instructed by the Head of Department.
Six copies of the following documents; application letter, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability and names, addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees should be addressed to: –
The Senior Assistant Registrar, Human Resources
Chinhoyi University of Technology,
Private Bag 7724,
Telephone No: – 0267-2129454 or 02671-2125293
Applications that do not comply with the stated requirements will be disqualified. The closing date for receipt of applications is 2 September 2022.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment