Jobs Vacancies at African Union, AU for Head, Financial Audit Division in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for Job Seekers and Professional in September 2023. Apply International Online Jobs Today.
Location : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date : 26 October 2023
African Union (AU)
Head, Financial Audit Division
Purpose of Job
Directs and manages the daily operations of the Financial Audit Division in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the directorate and the AU’s overall goals.
- Designs and implements policies, programs and projects to achieve the directorate’s strategic objectives.
- Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
- Designs policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
- Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the directorate’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
- Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Units within the Division
- Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms(RMs) and relevant international organisations in designing and implementing strategies.
- Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
- Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
- Represents the organisation and communicates its position at conferences.
- Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
- Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
- Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures implementation at division level
- Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Manages the Internal Audit process, develop and manage the Internal Audit schedule (or cycle), supervise Audit Team members, and produce quality audit reports that recommend methods to enhance and improve risk management, governance and control procedures.
- Presents audit results to management, review and record activities and action-plans defined by management to resolve issues identified by audit findings.
- Analyses integrity and reliability of accounting and financial information as well as means used for identifying measure, classifying and reporting information for the preparation of financial and activity reports.
- Reviews and approves the Division’s annual and long-range audit plans and activities, for reviewing significant findings and recommendations by the Division and ensuring the adequacy of management’s corrective actions.
- Coordinates and ensures timely preparation of audit, activity and other reports in order to provide information to OIO management.
- Contributes to the AU annual audit risk assessment process.
- Leads the budget preparation for the Division in accordance with relevant frameworks and manages effectively the utilization of financial, human and other resources in order to facilitate the attainment of the set objectives.
- Liaises on audit matters with directorates, organs, senior management, operational staff, and external auditors.
- Provides advice to line management on risk mitigation and best practices.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Audit, Business Administration, Finance, or related field with twelve (12) years of professional experience in audit or relevant area in similar international organization out of which seven (7) years should be at managerial level and five (5) years at supervisory level.
- A relevant professional certification i.e. “Expert Comptable” or Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA, CA or equivalent) and affiliation to a relevant professional body is mandatory.
- Auditing experience of inter-governmental operations, accounting standards and information systems such as IPSAS & SAP-ERP will be of a comparative advantage.
- Experience with computer-assisted audit tools is an added advantage.
- Leadership and management skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Research and Analytical skills
- Communication, presentation, and report writing skills
- Knowledge in the use of Microsoft office suite and AU Computing software
- Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural environment
- Planning, budgeting, and organizational skills
- Knowledge and working understanding in the policies, programmes, and systems of the AU
- Knowledge in AU financing and auditing regulations
- Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, and Spanish); fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Foster Accountability Culture
.Communicating with impact
Job Knowledge and information sharing
.Drive for Result
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be submitted no later than October 26, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
-Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
-Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as Diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
-The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
-Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia
Apply on https://jobs.au.int/The%20African%20Union%20Commiss/job/Ethiopia-Head%2C-Financial-Audit-Division/779319402/
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way.
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel