Location : Accra, Ghana
Closing Date: 8 March 2023
Vacancy : Head of Accounting Budget and Financial Management Division (AfCFTA)
Purpose of Job
Lead the development and implementation of accounting, budgetary and financial management policies, strategies, procedures and process within AfCFTA.
- Guides the preparation and implementation of the International Public Sector Accounting Standard (IPSAS)
- Establish accounting, budget and financial management functions
- Supervises and manages the division’s employees in the implementation of activities and the evaluation of performance
- Develops strategies and policies consistent with the department’s objective to address relevant issues in the field
- Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures its implementation at the divisional level
- Ensures risk management and mitigation
- Designs and plans policy programs to achieve strategies
- Provide support for the development of the resource mobilization strategy with stakeholder coordination
- Develops new activities and expands existing activities as components of strategies and policies;
- Work with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the investment of AfCFTA excesses funds in accordance AU Financial Rules;
- Responsible for the overall supervision and management of the Division.
- Ensure creation of an inspiring work environment to enable staff development and professional progression.
- Manages a complete financial operation, encompassing a wide variety of Member States and Partner Funds, with a large volume of grants in, grants out, implementing partners, and inter-office transactions, and extensive dispersed activities;
- Manage all aspects of the monthly, quarterly and year-end closure of accounts including development and implementation of detailed closure instructions;
- Provide expert guidance and advice to management in the area of financial accounting, interpretation and operational guidance on the application of the IPSAS and African Union Financial Rules (AU FR);
- Acts as AfCFTA focal point and responds to internal/external audit observations and liaises with clients and other relevant entities on audit issues;
- Lead the development and implementation of new accounting systems. Takes initiative to improve accounting processes and approaches;
- Coordinate and supervise all accounting transactions including the periodic production of management accounts and IPSAS compliant financial statements;
- Manage the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the budget;
- Periodically reviews program budgets to analyze trends affecting budgetary needs. Prepares comparative analyses of programs by analyzing costs and recommendations for budget revisions;
- Promote best management systems and practices, develop internal controls, as well as ensure transparency and the obligation to justify expenditure.
- Ensure the proper application of the Financial Rules, Staff Regulations and Rules of the African Union and policies and procedures of management established by AfCFTA.
- Oversee timely payment of transactions;
- Maintain an efficient system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities and provide support for regulatory reporting;
- Liaise and consult with oversight bodies such as Board of External Auditors, Office of Internal Oversight and Policy Organs to ensure implementation of their recommendations as appropriate;
- Supervises and manages the Division’s staff in terms of organization and performance evaluation;
- Coordinate risk management activities across AfCFTA;
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by the immediate Supervisor.
Head of Accounting Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field with 12 years progressive responsible experience in managing finance functions out of which 7 at managerial level and 5 years at supervisory level.
- A professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, Expert Comptable or equivalent is an added advantage;
- Previous experience in establishing functional Finance Function (Accounting, Budget and Disbursement/Treasury) is required;
- Working experience with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and financial statement preparation (general and special purpose) in large international organization is required;
- Demonstrate high level understanding of budgetary process, management of Development Partner’s funds and relationships;
- In-depth understanding and experience in developing financial rules/policies, managing risk and implementing effective internal controls,
- Hands-on experience working with enterprise resources management (ERP) systems, particularly SAP is an asset;
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- high degree of independence, maturity and initiative
- ability to handle challenging questions and difficult stakeholders
- ability to manage time and prioritize work
- be flexible, adaptable and open to change
- Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (Arabic, English, French, Kiswahili, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage;
- Strategic Perspective
- Developing Others
- Change Management
- Managing Risk
- Building Relationships
- Foster Accountability Culture
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with impact
- Functional Competencies
- Conceptual Thinking
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 57% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 27,290.88.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made not later than March 8, 2023
Delta Beverages Apprenticeship Intake 2023
Presidential and National Scholarships 2023/2024
Join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Whatsapp Group
DIsclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in China
- Jobs in Egypt
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Malawi
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment