Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date : 26 September 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Head of Diaspora Division
Purpose of Job
Directs and manages the daily operations of the Diaspora Division in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the directorate and the AU’s overall goals.
- Designs and implements policies, programs and projects to achieve the directorate’s strategic objectives.
- Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
- Designs policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
- Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the directorate’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
- Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Units within the Division
- Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms(RMs) and relevant international organisations in designing and implementing strategies.
- Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
- Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
- Represents the organisation and communicates its position at conferences.
- Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
- Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
- Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures implementation at division level
- Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Manages all the resources of the Division (human, financial, and otherwise) through planning, budgeting, programming, Project monitoring and evaluation processes with the overall objective of implementing the African Union Diaspora Initiative.
- Provides support to the Director with the task of supervising and coordinating the inputs of all staff within the Division; directing and delegating responsibilities with regard to activities carried out by respective staff members in this regard.
- Leads the development of appropriate policies, programs, project proposals, and strategies at the continental level relating to the effective participation of the African diaspora at the level of the African Union and within Member States.
- Leads the provision of technical support and advice to Member States in the formulation, implementation and monitoring of diaspora engagement policies, programs and initiatives.
- Conducts research, studies and analyses in the area of diaspora engagement, with particular reference to policies and programs of Member States, Regional Economic Communities (RECs), and other specialized agencies in order to identify areas of intervention.
- Oversees the resource development efforts of the Division by leading the development of project concepts and proposals for funding by donors, and the development of project implementation reports in accordance with donor requirements.
- Leads and coordinates the organization of continental and international technical meetings, conferences and workshops on diaspora-for-development issues including the preparation of background documents and the reporting of related outcomes.
- Provides support to the Director in ensuring overall management of the work of the Division: personnel, budget, performance, quality, and training in conformity with relevant rules and procedures.
- Provides support to the Director in the management of stakeholder relations with external partners and ensure functional coordination within the AU Commission and other AU Organs and institutions.
- Provides support to the Director in the implementation and follow-up of policy decisions and keep appropriate authorities informed of all relevant developments for consideration and appropriate action.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- University Master’s Degree in Political Science, Public Law, International Relations, Economics or a related field in the Social Sciences with twelve (12) years qualification relevant experiences out of which seven (7) years should be at managerial level and five (5) in a supervisory role.
- Experience in design & implementation of diaspora-for development programs or projects including in the areas of diaspora volunteering
- Leadership and innovative skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Communication and presentation skills
- Planning and budgeting skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- Strategic Perspective:
- Developing Others:
- Change Management:
- Managing Risk:
- Building relationships:
- Foster Accountability Culture:
- Learning Orientation:
- Communicating with impact:
- Conceptual thinking:
- Job Knowledge and information sharing:
- Drive for result:
- Fosters Innovation:
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than September 26 , 2022.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment