Location : Addis Ababa
Closing date : 15 December 2022
Vacancy : Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting Unit
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Head of Accounting Division
Number of Direct Reports: 3
Number of Indirect Reports: 10
Job Grade: P3
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
To provide technical support for the preparation of IPSAS complaint AUC and AU Financial reports as well as ensuring the smooth running of the unit.
• Provides support in the preparation and Implement the programmes developed out of the Division’s strategic plan;
• Ensures effective coordination and implementation at various levels;
• Liaises with Member States, Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and other stakeholders including on relevant matters;
• Prepares and develops reports, budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Division;
• Provides support to develop resource mobilization strategy with stakeholder’s coordination;
• Manages and supervise employees under his/her supervision with regard to organization and performance evaluation;
• Conducts complex analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the Division and AU’s internal use;
• Liaises with the various Departments/Units of the Commission for coordination and alignment purposes;
• Prepares budgets for the Division in accordance with relevant frameworks.
• Provides support for the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets as may be required;
• Contributes in the development of strategies, policies, programmes and plans.
• Manages and supervises the work of three Finance officers including the 10 staff under them;
• Prepares AUC and AU consolidated financial report after all the due diligence work is done on the accounts;
• Keeps basic records in good order and write down the details for every activity related to fund;
• Ensures all fund related financial plans, invoices, reports, and other documents are accurate, timely, and consistent with the AU fund management standard;
• Prepares and files the fund’s prospectus;
• Maintains and updates all the financial documents (reports, plans) and ensure confidentiality of project financial information;
• Confirms availability of funds for all requests for payment or charges to grants;
• Participates in all award-specific audit and donor assessments;
• Reviews and consolidates financial reports for distribution to appropriate stakeholders;
• Supervises orderly liquidation and dissolution of the fund, when required;
• Supervises Finance Officers and Assistant Accountants responsible for bank reconciliations, impress settlement, fixed assets, general ledger, accounts receivable and accounts payable;
• Prepares general and special purpose financial statements of the African Union Commission (AUC) and African Union (AU) in compliance with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and in line with African Union Financial Rules and Regulations;
• Participates in the review and formulation of accounting procedures, policies and practices relating to all types of payments by drafting proposals or parts thereof and reviewing proposed drafts by other staff members;
• Ensures proper functioning of the AU accounting system and supports the maintenance of Chart of Accounts;
• Provides advice and ensures compliance with Financial Rules and regulation, IPSAS, Executive decisions and other determined financial policies. Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are maintained accurately;
• Promotes best practices, transparency, accountability and appropriate working systems. Liaise with Other Divisions involve in financial reporting process and ensure all transactions recorded;
• Provides advice and guidance concerning the AU Financial Regulations and Rules and IPSAS Accounting Instructions. Provides authoritative interpretation of requirements for handling transactions;
• Reviews the Accounting entries and Trial Balance monthly and ensure correctness of posting and adjust or alert the other divisions to do the necessary adjustments;
• Prepares management reports and year-end Financial Statements for AUC and AU organs for consideration of the Commission, Member States and Partners as well as internal/external auditors;
• Prepares various reports from SAP upon request for decision making and for information;
• Serves as the focal point for audits (internal and external) within PBFA and prepares answers to the recommendations.
• Represent Accounting Division in meetings when assigned and performs other related duties as required.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Master’s Degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field with seven (7) years of experience in Accounting and financial Audit, in preparing IPSAS compliant Financial Statements of which 3 years should have been served at supervisory level.
• Professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent is required.
• A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field with ten (10) years of experience in Accounting and financial Audit, in preparing IPSAS compliant Financial Statements of which 3 years should have been served at supervisory level.
• Professional qualification such as CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent is required.
• Certification in International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) from a recognized professional accounting body is an added advantage.
• Knowledge in any ERP/SAP system will be an advantage.
• Ability to successfully manage teams in Multicultural and Multilingual environment;
• Financial Management and Analytical skills;
• Interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Presentation, report writing and communication skills;
• Computer skills with practical knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Planning and organizing skills
• Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Managing Risk ….
Building Relationship ….
Foster Accountability Culture
.Communicating with impact
Drive for Results…
.Job Knowledge Sharing
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made not later than 15th December 2022.
Requisition ID: 1514
Find similar jobs:
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel