Job Vacancy for Head of Interpretation Division at the African Union in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia August 2023. Latest African Union Jobs Vacancies 2023
Location: Ethiopia, Ethiopia
African Union (AU)
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Job : Head of Interpretation Division
Reports to: Director, Conference Management and Publications
Directorate/Department/Organ: Conference Management and Publications
Number of Direct Reports: 39
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P5
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa , Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
Directs and manages the daily operations of the Interpretation Division in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the directorate and the AU’s overall goals.
- Designs and implements policies, programs and projects to achieve the directorate’s strategic objectives.
- Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
- Designs policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
- Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the directorate’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
- Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Units within the Division
- Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms (RMs) and relevant international organizations in designing and implementing strategies.
- Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
- Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
- Represents the organization and communicates its position at conferences.
- Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
- Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
- Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures implementation at division level
- Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Formulate policies and guidelines governing interpretations and work programs in close consultation with the Director;
- Develop a database of reputable interpreters in AU Member States;
- Organize and coordinate the work of regular, Short Term and freelance interpreters;
- Assess interpreters and submit to the Director regular reports on the performance and efficiency of interpreters;
- Analyze interpretation services and procedures quality and develop improvements;
- Advise the Director on all matters relating to Interpretation;
- Oversee the overall management of the Division: personnel, budget, performance, quality, discipline etc. in accordance with the relevant rules and procedure in force;
- Ensure that activities of the Division are organized with maximum efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Develop manuals on procedures and best practices
- Undertake any other tasks that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s Degree in Conference Interpretation/Translation, or Language with twelve (12) years of progressive responsible experience in interpretation out of which seven (7) years should be at managerial level and five (5) at supervisory level in similar international organizations;
- Experience in facilitating intergovernmental conference processes and multicultural diplomacy is an added advantage
- A demonstrated knowledge in interpretation equipment/platforms/software
- A demonstrated ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners
- Ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations both internally and externally
- Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, including budgets, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor, develop and evaluate staff;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a multicultural environment;
- Strong organizational, managerial and leadership qualities;
- Proficiency in a minimum of two of the AU official working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, Spanish) and fluency in a third AU language(s) is an added advantage
Foster Accountability Culture:
Communicating with impact:
Job Knowledge and information sharing:
Drive for result:
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be submitted no later than September 7, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
-Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
-Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia.
Also on www.hotzimbabwejobs.com
- Zimbabwe School of Mines Courses August 2023/2024 Intakes
- Mkoba Teachers College January 2024 Intake
- Hwange Teachers College January 2024 Intake
- National Aids Council (NAC) Vacancies July 2023
- Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) Vacancies July 2023
- Graduate Trainees at Dorowa Minerals Limited
- Dorowa Minerals Apprenticeship Intake 2023
- Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences (MSUAS) Vacancies August 2023
- Great Zimbabwe University (GZU) Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe United Passenger Company (ZUPCO) Vacancies August 2023
- People’s Own Savings Bank (POSB) Vacancies August 2023
- Peace Security Company Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) Vacancies August 2023
- Aviation Training Academy of Zimbabwe (ATAZ)
- Industrial Training and Trade Testing Department : Apprenticeship Training in Zimbabwe
- Accreditation of Journalists and Other Media Practitioners in Zimbabwe
- Talk about Drugs, Job search and Drug abuse 2023
- The State of Consumer Services Jobs: An Overview of the Industry
- Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Polytechnic Faculty of Education Courses and Job Opportunities
- Canada Scholarships for International Students
- Schwarzman Scholars Programme (MSc) 2024
- AAUW International Fellowships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students 2024
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs