Job Vacancy for Head, Supply Chain Division at The African Union (AU) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Latest Jobs Vacancies in Africa August 2023
Date: Aug 7, 2023
Location: Ethiopia, Ethiopia
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Director Operations Support Services
Directorate/Department: Operations Support Services
Division: Supply chain Division
Number of Direct Reports: 2
Number of Indirect Reports: 24
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Job Grade: P5
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Vacancy : Head, Supply Chain Division
Purpose of Job
Directs and manages the daily operations of the Supply Chain Division in order to achieve the strategic objectives of the directorate and the AU’s overall goals.
- Designs and implements policies, programs and projects to achieve the directorate’s strategic objectives.
- Manages and supervises employees within the division, ensures the timely delivery of the directorate’s goals and effective staff performance evaluation;
- Designs policies, strategies and programs to contribute to the effective implementation of relevant AU Policy Organs Decisions;
- Ensures the delivery of the division’s annual targets in line with the directorate’s overall goals and ensures robust and timely monitoring and reporting;
- Provides technical leadership and ensures efficient functioning of all Units within the Division
- Manages the work of the Division and supervises direct reports to ensure their effective performance in line with the organization’s performance management policy and system;
- Engages stakeholders within Members States and Regional Economic Communities (RECs)/Regional Mechanisms(RMs) and relevant international organisations in designing and implementing strategies.
- Maintains thematic partnerships in support of the mandate of the Division;
- Maintains regular working relations with senior stakeholders in Member States and partner institutions in the execution of the Division’s mandate.
- Represents the organisation and communicates its position at conferences.
- Contributes to the preparation of periodic financial and budget execution reports and monitor budget execution at division level.
- Ensures the effective management of funds contributed to the organization;
- Manages risk within the division and recommends mitigation strategies
- Contributes to the development of the departmental business continuity plan and ensures implementation at division level
- Maintains a positive work environment that facilitates collaboration and information sharing and is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating diverse talent.
- Ensures coordination and monitoring of the overall workplan for the Supply Chain Division activities and takes the lead in consolidating the required human and financial resources for an effective enabling capacity.
- Reviews evaluation reports and approves Contracts within his/her delegated authority.
- Develops policies and procedures for efficient operation of the Division
- Acts as Secretary to Internal Procurement Committee and Tender Board
- Leads the development of Annual and periodic plans and reports thereof for the Division
- Coordinates with relevant stakeholders to mobilise resources for the Division’s activities.
- Guides the preparation of logical detailed and accurate responses to Audit queries on matters relating to the Supply chain operations.
- Ensures that all workflows, processes and systems in place are relevant, cost effective and ultimately promote continuous improvement in the quality and delivery of services.
- Provides strategic advice to the Director of Operations and Top Management; provides authoritative technical and policy advice on all aspects of Supply Chain.
- Establishes priorities and sets management performance goals for staff in his/her line of supervision. Recommends and coordinates training programs for staff.
- Leads change and improvement for Supply Chain operations.
- Actively engages in management performance duties. Ensures the provision of management, guidance, development, training, constructive feedback, performance evaluation and appraisal, and provision of administrative support and other management functions to staff in the areas of his/her responsibility.
- Maintains active communication and ensures the effective exchange of information between the Division and relevant stakeholders.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Public Administration, Business Administration, Law, Business Leadership, or Finance with at least twelve (12) years’ experience in Administration, Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, Project and Programme management out of which seven (7) years at managerial level and five (5) years at supervisor.
- Ability to initiate and promote collaborative approaches between geographically and culturally disparate partners
- Negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and delegate clear program goals, plans and actions, including budgets, that are consistent with agreed strategies
- Leadership skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanishi), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Foster Accountability Culture:
Communicating with impact:
Job Knowledge and information sharing:
Drive for result:
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 50,746.00 (P5 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be submitted no later than September 7, 2023 11h59 p.m. EAT.
-Only candidates who meet all job requirements and are selected for interviews will be contacted.
-Consideration will be given only to those candidates who have submitted a fully completed online application with a curriculum vitae (CV), an African passport, and the required academic qualifications, such as diplomas, Bachelor’s degrees, Master’s degrees and any relevant certificate in line with the area of expertise.
-The African Union is an equal opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
-Candidates from less represented countries within the African Union are strongly encouraged to apply for positions that fit their profiles. These countries include Algeria, Angola, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Comoros, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Namibia, Niger, Sahrawi D.R., Sao Tome and Principe., Seychelles, Somalia and Tunisia.
Also on www.hotzimbabwejobs.com
- Zimbabwe School of Mines Courses August 2023/2024 Intakes
- Mkoba Teachers College January 2024 Intake
- Hwange Teachers College January 2024 Intake
- National Aids Council (NAC) Vacancies July 2023
- Zimbabwe Power Company (ZPC) Vacancies July 2023
- Graduate Trainees at Dorowa Minerals Limited
- Dorowa Minerals Apprenticeship Intake 2023
- Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences (MSUAS) Vacancies August 2023
- Great Zimbabwe University (GZU) Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe Human Rights Commission (ZHRC) Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe United Passenger Company (ZUPCO) Vacancies August 2023
- People’s Own Savings Bank (POSB) Vacancies August 2023
- Peace Security Company Vacancies August 2023
- Zimbabwe Consolidated Diamond Company (ZCDC) Vacancies August 2023
- Aviation Training Academy of Zimbabwe (ATAZ)
- Industrial Training and Trade Testing Department : Apprenticeship Training in Zimbabwe
- Accreditation of Journalists and Other Media Practitioners in Zimbabwe
- Talk about Drugs, Job search and Drug abuse 2023
- The State of Consumer Services Jobs: An Overview of the Industry
- Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo Polytechnic Faculty of Education Courses and Job Opportunities
- Canada Scholarships for International Students
- Schwarzman Scholars Programme (MSc) 2024
- AAUW International Fellowships for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students 2024
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs