Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing date : 19 December 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Interpreter (English )
Purpose of Job
Responsible for converting concepts in the source language to equivalent concepts in the target language.
- Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the Division and Directorate.
- Identifies best practices and monitor effectiveness of the Division/Directorate’s support to AU.
- Contributes to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participates in/ensure their implementation
- Involved in negotiations.
- Fosters and ensures implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships;
- Supports the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations.
- Develops training materials and provide necessary training and support to Organization Units.
- Provides technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to system -Implementation projects and maintenance.
- Provides simultaneous, consecutive, liaison and other forms of English interpretation during conferences, meetings, audiences, discussions and whenever required ;
- Keeps abreast with developments in both the source and target languages by compiling and regularly up-dating specific terminologies, phrases, special expressions, nuances, lexicons and acronyms and special expressions in order to widen the stock of vocabulary with the aim of enhancing skills and ability;
- Helps develop terminology/lexicons of the AU;
- Consults colleagues and specialized dictionaries;
- Checks appropriate references to ensure exact understanding and use of AU technical terminologies;
- Carries out translation and provides support in all interpretation related activities when required;
- Performs other related duties that may be assigned by the Director or the Head of Division
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A University Master’s degree in Conference services, Languages or Interpretation from a recognised institution with ten (10) years of progressive experience out of which six (6) years at expert or specialist level and 3 years at supervisory level. Or
- Candidates holding a Bachelor’s Degree in either translation, modern languages, linguistics or related fields of study must have twelve (12) years of progressively responsible experience out of which six (6) years at expert or specialist level and 3 at supervisory level.
- Professional certification in interpretation field will be an added value.
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication, report writing and presentation skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural environment
- Knowledge of interpretation procedures and practices;
- Knowledge in international policies and strategies
- Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, systems and standards
- Planning and Organization skills.
- Proficiency in English and any other AU official working languages (French, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili or Spanish); is mandatory
Strategic Insight ….
Building Relationship ….
Accountable and Complies with Rules..
Communicating with Influence ….
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
Continuous improvement orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in English and any other AU official working languages (French, Portuguese, Arabic, Kiswahili or Spanish); is mandatory
Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made not later than 19th December 2022.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in China
- Jobs in Egypt
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Malawi
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment