Website Midlands State University
Station : Gweru
Closing Date : 12 July 2022
Midlands State University
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
Vacancy : ASSISTANT EVENTS OFFICER (1 POST- GWERU)
- A degree in either Marketing, Hospitality Management, Public Relations or Media and Society Studies.
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar or related position.
- A Diploma or a professional qualification in Events management will be an added advantage.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail skills are vital in this role
- Solid knowledge of protocol and etiquette principles
- Well organised with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Dynamic, energetic and charismatic
- Good marketing skills
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
- Social media management skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Must be able to assist the Events Coordinator to plan and manage small and large events held on and off campus by undertaking the following:
- Identify the client’s requirements and expectations for each event;
- Liaise with customers, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order;
- Book venues and determining the cost, arrange event services such as entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers;
- Maintain event budgets and approve menus;
- Develop guest lists and seating plans;
- Draft an Event programme;
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the client’s standards;
- Maintain an events diary;
- Develop an event checklist and track progress of activities highlighted in the checklist;
- Manage all event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes;
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings;
- Maintaining public and stakeholder relations.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Closing date for applications is 12 July 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram