Website University of Zimbabwe
Station : Harare
Closing Date : 10 June 2022
University of Zimbabwe
Vacancy : ASSISTANT LIBRARY ICT MANAGER
Qualifications, Attributes and Experience:
The position requires an individual with:-
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Relevant Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 4 years’ working experience.
- Experience with Linux Apache MySQL/PostgreSQL PHP/Perl/Python (LAMP).
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages particularly Bash Scripting.
- Thorough knowledge of open source Content Management Systems particularly Word Press.
- Working experience of the design and implementation of databases systems such as MySQL, MariaDB and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with digital library projects will be an added advantage.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate must be able to:-
- Deputise the ICT Manager.
- Install and maintain server operating systems as per user requirements.
- Maintain and upgrade the server operating systems.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Implement new digital library projects as per user requirements.
- Ensure security of installed systems.
- Analyse and resolve problems associated with the operating system’s servers, hardware, applications.
- Monitor systems performance and ensure compliance with security standards.
- Co-ordinate the design and maintenance of the University websites.
- Maintain and upgrade existing digital library projects.
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Fine-tune existing systems to improve system performance.
- Train IT staff and Librarians to ensure that they are familiar with the latest appropriate technology and the use of the Computer equipment used in the Library.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 10 June 2022.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel