Website Gwanda State University
Station ; Gwanda
Closing Date ; 12 August 2022
Gwanda State University
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL PLANNING, WORKS AND ESTATES
Vacancy : Carpenter or Joiner (1 Post)
6 months contract
- Five (5) Ordinary Level passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- National Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery from HEXCO/Equivalent
Journeyman Class 1, four (4) years apprentice trained.
Experience and Qualities
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Multi-tasking skills
- Good arithmetical and analytical skills.
- Observant and thorough.
- Problem solver.
- Physical dexterity.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Surface preparation by filling holes, cracks and applying paint, stain, varnish and other finishes.
- Reading blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements.
- Ability to glaze, construction of aluminum, timber partitions, and shop fronts.
- Taking the measurements and calculating materials required.
- Cutting the materials and smothering according to measurements.
- Built window frames, doors, staircases, and framed buildings by using raw materials or pre constructed materials.
- Laying out flooring, roofing or dry wall ensuring they are levelled and compatible.
- Carving and assembling furniture, cabinets, shelves and other items.
- Building scaffolds and other construction structures.
- Performing departmental duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Preparing cost estimate
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
A contributory Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary
and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to [email protected] or hand delivered to:
The Deputy Registrar
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 12 August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram