Website Midlands State University
Station : Gweru
Closing Date : 4 August 2022
Midlands State University
CATERING SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Vacancy : CHEF / COOK (7 POSTS)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 ordinary level passes including English.
- National Certificate in Professional cookery.
- Class one in the related trade.
- National Diploma in professional cookery will be an added advantage.
- At least (2) years proven history in Catering operations.
- Good communication skills.
- Must possess interpersonal skills and abilities.
- Must be a team player.
- Should be able to work under minimum supervision
- Strong customer-service skills.
- Ability to courteously deal with patrons and put their wishes first.
- Understanding food, kitchen and personal hygiene.
- Excellent organisational and time management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare ingredients for the shift, wash vegetables, season meat etc.
- Prepare oven, utensils and grills for the shift.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations
- Handling of multiple orders at one time.
- Ensure proper storage of food and detergents.
- Sanitize and clean workstations and utensils.
- Maintenance of reorder stock levels.
- Serving prepared food items at the serving point.
- Asset management.
- Control stock and minimise wastage.
- Check freshness of food before preparation.
- Coordination and control of stock movement during and after service time
- Tasting prepared food before service.
- Do all the requisitions of food and non-food items for the work station.
- Practice laid down hand over and take over procedures
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Closing date for applications is 04 August 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram