Location : Gwanda
Closing date : 14 October 2022
Gwanda State University
Vacancy : Dean of Students
Under the general direction of the Vice-Chancellor, the Dean of Students is responsible for policy development, administration, supervision of staff and students, budget development and oversight, and program planning and implementation for the Office of Dean of Students. The Dean of Students is responsible for the management and direction of Student Conduct and serves as an advisor to the Students. The Dean of Students shall coordinate and direct students’ welfare services, participate in the formulation of student welfare policies, advise management on problems relating to policy, counselling and administration of the Student Affairs Division. The Dean of Students serves as an advocate for students and the student voice in University decisions that directly affect students’ education and well-being.
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal applicants should possess:
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Passes including English Language.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Humanities/Social Sciences/Administration/ Education.
- A Masters’ degree in Humanities/Social Sciences/Administration/Education and
- An earned PhD in the above areas.
- Five (5) years relevant working experience in Student Affairs Administration/Educational Leadership at a managerial level or Chairperson of an Academic Department.
- In addition, applicants must possess communication, presentation and leadership skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing a Student Affairs framework that supports the enhancement of student learning outcomes and general conduct on and off campus;
- Initiating and implementing training programmes for students on and off campus;
- To ensure the efficient management of the Division and quality provision of services to students;
- Planning and implementing Student development programmes, enabling students to grow socially, emotionally and academically;
- Promoting the values of pluralism, diversity and multiculturalism;
- Preparing and administering budgets and overseeing expenditure of funds in the Student Affairs Division;
- Providing leadership for the development and delivery of essential Student Affairs and Services programs;
- Developing and maintaining an appropriate organisational structure for the delivery of essential Student Affairs programs;
- Conducting research studies on students and their needs;
- Working with other University Officers to provide a safe and secure campus environment in which students learn and grow;
- Conducting evaluation, assessment and program review on all units in Student Affairs;
- Providing appropriate staff supervision and professional development;
- Representing Student Affairs on important committees and providing reports on key student issues;
- Representing the University at international fora where issues of Student Affairs are tabled.
Conditions of Service
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or hand delivered to:
Human Resources Section
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 14 October 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment
|Job Category||Education & Teaching Jobs, Social Sciences Jobs|