Location : Harare
Closing date : 9 December 2022
University of Zimbabwe (UZ)
Vacancy : Deputy Librarian: Research and Learning
Reporting to Librarian, the Deputy Librarian – Research and Learning, will be responsible for ensuring excellence in the design of library teaching and learning programmes, research, innovation and industrialisation of University knowledge outputs.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
The Applicant should:
- Possess a Master’s degree in Library and Information Science or any other relevant equivalent qualification.
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of relevant post-qualification experience at senior management level in a University or research library environment.
- Possess skills and competencies in the delivery of Information and Digital Skills.
- Demonstrate innovativeness and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess knowledge about the policy and regulatory framework and environment that guide the higher education sector in Zimbabwe.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the delivery of the University-wide Module on Information and Digital skills;
- Coordinate the design and implementation of the Library Module for Postgraduate students;
- Coordinate Library support to research, innovation and industrialisation ecosystem;
- Coordinate the delivery of research support services to Faculties and Research groups;
- Coordinate the training of clients and Library staff;
- Coordinate the purchase and subscription of information resources that support the delivery of the Heritage-based Education 5.0;
- Develop systems to promote and track the uptake and utilization of knowledge from the University of Zimbabwe by government, industry and society;
- Coordinate and develop proposals for fundraising and grant proposal for the Library;
- Conduct staff performance management;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the University Librarian.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 9 December 2022.
Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above posts
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment
|Job Category||Library/Librarian Jobs|