Location : Manicaland
Closing date : 9 December 2022
Manicaland State University
Vacancy : Director Sports and Recreation
The incumbent will be accountable to the Executive Dean, Division of Student Affairs and will be responsible for overseeing, planning, administering and managing the University’s Sports and Recreation portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Draw policies and procedures that govern the University’s Sport and Recreation Unit.
- Draw and ensure implementation of the section calendar.
- Organize, coordinate and monitor use of both physical and financial resources of the section e.g sporting facilities on one hand and affiliations to various associations on the other.
- Source sponsorship in cash or kind from the various stakeholders who do business with the institution.
- Lead and accompany various teams on trips and excursions
- Supervise and provide leadership to subordinates
- Providing overall strategic leadership, direction and management of diverse University sporting activities.
- Promote the University’s sporting and recreational vision, mission and objectives and ensure that these draw from as well as feed into the National Sports Academy’s vision, mission and objectives
- Properly direct, manage the staff, equipment and finances of the academy
- Develop and manage the university sports academy by ensuring a wide range of organized activities on offer
- Develop collaboration and strategic partnerships with sports organizations (Sports and Recreation Commission, Zimbabwe Olympic Committee and National Sports Association foundations, corporate world and government agencies).
- Perform any other duties as required by the Executive Dean, Division of Student Affairs.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants should be holders of a first degree in Sport and Recreation Management or equivalent.
- A relevant Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience of managing and administering sports at tertiary institutions.
- A clean class 4 drivers’ license is a must.
Interested candidates must submit six (6) sets of hardcopy applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification (ID & birth certificate) and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, date of availability, current salary, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
Director – HR, Monitoring & Evaluation
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
Bag 7001, Stair Guthrie Road
By no later than 1400 hours on 9 December 2022. Applicants should clearly indicate the post being applied for on the application letter, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
|Job Category||Sports Jobs|