Station : Harare
Closing date : 14 August 2022
Vacancy : Editor
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic Learning (ODeL) University in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
POST 14 : EDITOR (EDUCATION, HERITAGE AND HUMANITIES) : MATERIALS DEVELOPMENT UNIT : NATIONAL CENTRE (1 POST)
The Editor (Education, Heritage and Humanities) is expected to develop, in collaboration with Faculty, the learning materials and learning/teaching approaches that support the University’s policy on promoting STEM programmes and applying ODeL as the mode of leaning delivery.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Correct the grammar
- Simplify the language and explain the technical terms so that the student can understand the concepts clearly
- Check on the smooth flow and cohesion of ideas
- Carry out correct punctuation
- Introduce variation in the learning/teaching methods and stimuli in line with Open and Distance Electronic Learning ODeL
- Suggest points where activities should be placed in the units
- Suggest activities for consideration and insertion into the module by the Author and the Programme Coordinator
- Check on the relevance and use of illustrations
- Identify suitable juxtaposing of related prose and illustrations
- Facilitate the development of electronic modules/study guides that support individual students to learn via online, multimedia and social networking channels
- Carry out the editorial changes on both the flash disk and the hard copy, so that the module should be ready for printing
- Present the module according to the Zimbabwe Open University house-style (each unit to have introduction, smart objectives, activities, major and minor sub-headings illustrations, summary and references)
- Check on the coherence between the content, skills and the attitudes to be developed
- Submit the flash disk and the hard copy to the Zimbabwe Open University, Materials Development Unit Manager
- You are required to carry out these duties in a manner considered relevant by the Zimbabwe Open University
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Materials Development
- A Master’s Degree in Education, Science, Social Sciences or Commerce
- Possession of a PhD in any of the areas stated above is an added advantage
- Two (2) years relevant post qualification work experience
- Possession of a Teaching qualification such as a Diploma in Education, Post Graduate Diploma in Education or equivalent would be an added advantage
- A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of Higher Learning is an added advantage
- Knowledge of distance education would be an added advantage
- Computer literacy a must.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows;
EITHER • in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
OR • as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents.
All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be received not later than 14 August 2022. Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to 3 rd Floor
Cnr. Machel Ave and L. Takawira St.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the above
vacant positions that have arisen at the Zimbabwe Open University.
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel