Website Gwanda State University
Station ; Gwanda
Closing Date ; 12 August 2022
Gwanda State University
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICAL PLANNING, WORKS AND ESTATES
Vacancy : Electrician (1 Post)
6 months contract
- Five (5) Ordinary Level Passes including English Language and Mathematics.
- National Certificate in Electrical Power Engineering from HEXCO/Equivalent
- Journeyman Class 1, four (4) years apprentice trained.
Experience and Qualities
- At least three (3) years post qualification experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Multi-tasking skills.
- Good arithmetical and analytical skills.
- Observant and thorough.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installing and maintaining wiring, control, and lighting systems.
Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job
specifications and local codes.
- Inspecting electrical systems, equipment, and components (transformers and circuit
breakers) to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Preparing sketches or follows blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Providing preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Performing departmental duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Performing physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Providing assistance during emergencies by operating standby power supplies.
- Advising management on whether continued operation of equipment could be Directing and training subordinates on installation, maintenance and operation of
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
A contributory Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. The information on salary
and other benefits will be made available to the short-listed candidates.
Soft copies in a single continuous PDF file of each of the following: application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, national identity card, birth certificate and curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications and previous employment and experience, present salary, date of availability, telephone number, email address, names and addresses of three referees including email addresses should be sent to [email protected] or hand delivered to:
The Deputy Registrar
Gwanda State University
Epoch Mine Campus
P O Box 30
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 12 August 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram