Website Midlands State University
Station : Gweru
Closing Date : 4 August 2022
Midlands State University
CATERING SERVICES DEPARTMENT
Vacancy : HEAD CHEF (1 POST)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 Ordinary level passes including English.
- A Diploma in Professional cookery.
Higher National Diploma or a Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management will be an added advantage.
- At least two (2) years proven history in catering operations and supervision.
- Strong leadership skills, flexibility and physical stamina.
- Ability to encourage a productive work environment through motivation.
- Good communication skills.
Strong customer-service skills.
- Ability to courteously deal with patrons and put their wishes first
- Ability to constantly adapt to different working environments.
- Administrative ability and IT literacy
Knowledge of relevant food safety regulations
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Taste all the dishes to ensure that all is in order before service.
- Allocate duties to staff to various serving points.
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients – menu balancing.
- Hand over and take over to the other supervisor.
- Stock control.
- Sales reconciliation
- Manage kitchen assets.
- Check all exit and entrance points before knocking off for the day.
Interacting with clients.
- Preparing menus.
- Overseeing the presentation and serving of the food.
- Attending to customer inquiries.
- Ensuring that food service is provided to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Plan menus and order supplies.
Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Regulations at the shop floor level
- Supervising staff and attending to employee issues.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. Closing date for applications is 04 August 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram