Location : Mutare
Closing Date : 28 November 2022
Vacancy : Laboratory Technician – Mutare
The Group wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the
Laboratory Technician – Mutare role that has arisen within our organization.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Collects patient Specimens which include blood, non-blood specimens, and some specialized procedures performed at point of contact with patients as and when necessary.
- Registers patient information in LIS as needed.
- Performs and documents daily equipment function by checking and calibrating specific lab equipment to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results.
- Performs periodic routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on malfunctioning equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications (daily, weekly, or monthly).
- Reviews daily raw data, equipment flags and other appropriate testing parameters prior to reporting results to evaluate test or instrument performance.
- Verifies that the proper specimen being analysed is for the correct patient and that the correct test is being performed by matching the electronic test request forms to the patient specimen.
- Runs prescribed routine and high complexity assays on manual and on automated platforms in line with Standard Operating Procedures and adhering to quality control to include IQC and proficiency testing.
- Follows established safety practices including handling biohazard material, exposure control plan e.g. (blood-borne pathogens), and infection control.
- Monitors tests quality, accuracy, timely testing and release of results through tracking turnaround times, pending tests and updating daily worklists.
- Validates test results through correlation with test parameters (e.g. Hgb/Hct, anion gap, etc.), to ensure accuracy and determine reasonableness of results prior to reporting of test results.
- Confirms testing on all Critical Values to ensure accuracy prior to releasing of test results according to established Standard Operating Procedures policy and procedures.
Qualifications And Experience
- Diploma/Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technician
- Knowledge of the ISO 15189 quality management system
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician
- Valid Practising Certificate
If you meet the stipulated requirements and can operate with minimum supervision, submit your application together with proof of qualifications and experience to the email below, applications to arrive no later than Monday 28th November 2022. Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment
|Job Category||Laboratory Jobs|