Website UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE PAN-AFRICAN MINERALS UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE (UZ-PAMUST COLLEGE)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the positions of Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor that have arisen at the University of Zimbabwe Pan African Minerals University of Science and Technology College (UZ-PAMUST College) in Harare, Zimbabwe. The UZ-PAMUST College has the mandate to deliver academic programmes and research at postgraduate level in disciplines focused on Mining, Mineral Sciences and Technologies impacting positively on African’s development. In accordance with the dictates of Zimbabwe’s Heritage-based Education 5.0, successful candidates will be expected to lead teaching and learning of various MSc Programmes on offer, conduct research, innovate and champion commercialization of goods and services arising from their work with the University. Successful candidates will also be expected to supervise higher degree theses (MPhil and PhD/DPhil) in priority development areas for Africa, including Zimbabwe. Applicants should have a PhD/DPhil and traceable academic/practical experience in the relevant area of expertise. MSc/MPhil Degree holders possessing unique field/practical skills and experience in the relevant fields with evidence of desired outputs may be considered.
Station : Harare
Closing Date : 29 July 2022
UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE PAN-AFRICAN MINERALS UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY COLLEGE (UZ-PAMUST COLLEGE)
Vacancy : LECTURER/ SENIOR LECTURER/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ PROFESSOR IN GEOCHEMISTRY (1 Post)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The applicant should have a good first degree and Master’s degree in geology and an excellent research record in the area of geochemistry and geochronology of minerals.
- Should have experience in the investigation of the chemical composition of minerals, radiometric age dating of minerals, and characterization of geologic, environmental, and anthropogenic samples.
- Knowledge of the conditions of mineral formation/paragenesis at various temperature and pressure regimes, including interactions of minerals with the geosphere (lithosphere, hydrosphere, atmosphere, and biosphere) is essential.
- Familiarity with the use of either novel or standard analytical, imaging, diffraction, microscopic, spectroscopic, synchrotron, or computer modeling techniques is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of analytical methods and instrumentation (HR-ICP−MS, MC-ICP−MS, quadrupole ICP−MS, SIMS, TIMS) is also vital.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
Deputy Registrar Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
The University of Zimbabwe is an Equal Opportunity Employer and therefore men and women are encouraged to apply.
Visit website on www.uz.ac.zw
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 29 July 2022.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram