Station : Harare
Closing date : 14 August 2022
Vacancy :Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor/Professor Faculty of Education
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic Learning (ODeL) University in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
POST 10: LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR FACULTY OF EDUCATION : DEPARTMENT OF TEACHER DEVELOPMENT : NATIONAL CENTRE (1 POST)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading in the development and launching of new programmes
- Developing and producing Open and Distance Learning materials including writing modules;
- Marking assignments as well as examination
- Carrying out research and creative work
- Promoting the University wide initiatives
- Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities
- Engaging in community service
- Interfacing with other Faculties
- Engaging in University service
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Chairperson of the Department.
- A minimum of a Master of Education in Curriculum Studies, Master of Education Degree in Teacher Education; or equivalent
- A relevant Bachelor of Education Secondary Degree or Bachelor of Education in Curriculum Studies or Bachelor of Teacher Education or equivalent
- Possession of a PhD in any of the areas stated above is an added advantage
- A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of Higher Learning is a requirement
- At least two (2) years teaching experience at a Secondary School or Secondary School Teacher Training College level is a requirement
- Knowledge of distance education would be an added advantage
- Computer literacy is a must
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows;
EITHER • in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
OR • as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents.
All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be received not later than 14 August 2022. Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to 3 rd Floor
Cnr. Machel Ave and L. Takawira St.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the above
vacant positions that have arisen at the Zimbabwe Open University.
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel