Station : Bulawayo
Closing date : 14 August 2022
Vacancy : Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Associate Professor/ Professor Faculty Of Technology
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic Learning (ODeL) University in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
POST 11 : LECTURER / SENIOR LECTURER / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR FACULTY OF TECHNOLOGY : DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY : BULAWAYO REGIONAL CAMPUS (1 POST)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and launching of new degree programmes
- Developing open and distance electronic learning and teaching materials
- Managing technology enabled teaching
- Carrying out research and creative work
- Promoting the University wide initiatives
- Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities
- Fostering Education 5.0 through innovation and industrialisation
- Engaging in community service
- Interfacing with other Faculties
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Dean and/or Regional Director.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering
- Possession of any Bachelor’s Degree in any areas stated above
- Possession of a PhD in any of the areas stated above is an added advantage
- A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of Higher Learning is a requirement
- Knowledge of distance education would be an added advantage
- Computer literacy a must.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT HAVE THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows;
EITHER • in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
OR • as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents.
All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for. Applications should be received not later than 14 August 2022. Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University
P O Box MP 1119
Hand delivered to 3 rd Floor
Cnr. Machel Ave and L. Takawira St.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the above
vacant positions that have arisen at the Zimbabwe Open University.
WOMEN CANDIDATES AND THE DIFFERENTLY ABLED PERSONS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel