Location : Mutare
Closing date : 21 October 2022
Vacancy : Managing Editor
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Managing Editor will serve as the content manager for the University. The Managing Editor will be required to oversee the University’s content team to ensure the production of high quality pieces that promote the institutional brand.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Honours degree in English, Communication, Media, Journalism, Linguistics, or related field.
- A Master’s or doctoral degree in the relevant field would be an added advantage.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to meet and work with tight deadlines.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a reputable media or publishing house.
- Familiarity with a wide range of academic/scholarly referencing styles.
- Computer literate and familiarity with contemporary editing softwares.
- Ability to edit multimedia content will be a distinct advantage.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creation of content strategies and overseeing their implementation processes.
- Managing and coordinating writers, editors and graphic designers.
- Monitoring the results of various content campaigns.
- Editing content pieces to ensure they follow tone and style guides.
- Creation and managing a project calendar for all Africa University documents and publications.
- Supervising the content creation process from writing through editing and publishing.
- Preparing, rewriting and editing text/copy to make it easier for readers to understand.
- Managing writers/researchers to see their ideas through to publication.
- Developing and executing ideas for written content production that will resonate with Africa University’s audiences, brand and values.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications, together with a motivational letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of certificates, academic transcripts, and at least three names of referees and their e-mails, phone numbers, and postal addresses should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 21 October 2022
NB: Only short listed candidates will be responded to.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment
|Job Category||Media & Journalism Jobs|