Location : Gweru
Closing date : 2 December 2022
Midlands State University
Vacancy : Mechanical Engineering Technician / Senior Technician -Fitter and Turner /Turner Machinist
Qualifications and Experience
- Journeyman Class 1 in Fitting Including Machining.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production/Plant/Draughting and Design Technology).
- A BTech/BEng/BSc Degree in Mechanical/Industrial and Manufacturing/Automotive Engineering will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years hands-on experience in workshop practice, industrial/plant design and machining, machine maintenance and repair, welding and workshop supervision.
- The candidate should be well versed with Regulations and Requirements of Industrial and Trade Testing Department (ITTD).
- Experience as a trainer or instructor at higher education or tertiary education levels will be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate would be required among other things to: –
- Design and set up a machining and fitting workshop.
- Install, test and commission new machinery.
- Repair and maintain workshop machinery and equipment/tools.
- Train students and conduct research.
*NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: application letter, certified certificates and curriculum vitae giving full details of names, place and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s) and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resource)
Midlands State University
The application documents should be sent as a single merged pdf file. Closing date for applications is 02 December 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering Jobs|