Location : Harare
Closing date : 9 December 2022
University of Zimbabwe (UZ)
Vacancy : Printing Press Manager
Reporting to: the Director, UZ Press
This position is responsible for overseeing the printing process of University of Zimbabwe Press (UZ Press). The Printing Press Manager ensures that UZ Press print production stays on schedule, within budget and of a consistently high standard as well as managing other aspects UZ Press’ print production needs, such as design services or copywriting.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
The Applicant should have:
- An HND or higher in Machine Printing from a recognised institution.
- Qualified and tested Artisan Class 1.
- Certified Manpower Development Authority of Zimbabwe 4 year apprenticeship.
- A relevant qualification in management.
- 5 years’ experience, with traceable references, preferably in a commercial printing (books and stationary) environment is a plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a management capacity.
- Demonstrable leadership and collaborative skills a must.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing employees by providing guidance and feedback on how to improve their performance.
- Ensuring that all projects are completed within budget and on schedule.
- Managing the workflow of the unit by scheduling employee shifts, monitoring quality control, and ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Developing relationships with suppliers to ensure the unit’s production schedule demands are met.
- Coordinating with marketing staff to plan promotional materials and campaigns to increase brand and service awareness in the market (internal and external).
- Leading efforts to complete production projects.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and materials needed to complete projects.
- Ensuring the effective and efficient use of print machinery.
- Ensuring collaboration between different staff in different departments.
- Developing new business.
- Recommending changes and improvements.
- Superior organization to complete all tasks on time.
- Effective communication (written, spoken, digital).
- A high level of creativity and attention to detail.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 9 December 2022.
Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the above posts
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment
|Job Category||Artisan Jobs, Media & Journalism Jobs|