A national human rights organization is seeking the services of a highly motivated human rights activist to join a diverse pool of its secretariat in the capacity of Regional Manager. The role will cover the following regions: Matebeleland Provinces, Bulawayo, Masvingo and Midlands provinces. The ideal candidate for the position must be an avid human rights defender, a leader who infuses human rights knowledge, activism and professionalism. The Regional Manager must understand the Zimbabwean context and is eager to serve our diverse membership across the region. The Regional Manager must be someone who excels in human rights programme design, community engagement, report writing and implementation. The position will be based at one of our regional offices with regular travel within the stated area. S/he must believe in all human rights for all people, in justice and accountability for all, and must be willing to go an extra mile to ensure that the goals of the association are achieved.
Station : Bulawayo
Closing Date : 22 April 2022
Regional Manager – Masvingo, Midlands, Bulawayo and Matabeleland Regions
Working under the supervision of the National Programme Coordinator, the regional manager will be responsible for the implementation of organization’s activities and programmes in the indicated regions.
Duties and responsibilities
The regional coordinator will have the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinates program planning and implementation in close collaboration with regional programs officers and submits to the National Programs Coordinator a Quarterly Workplan, and a monthly and weekly review;
- Ensure regional activities and projects are implemented according to plan and reports are submitted in time;
- Consolidates various regional reports for specific projects according to the agreed work plans;
- Assist the National Programs Coordinator with information including success stories for end of project reports;
- Assist the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer with relevant data and information for monitoring and evaluation of projects and activities;
- Responsible for the organization’s assets in the regional offices in liaison with the Finance and Administration Manager;
- Maintains records of inventory, membership, and any other confidential information;
- Support membership department with membership recruitment, follow up on subscription fees and review applications for determination by provincial councils;
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time by the National Programs Coordinator and National Director.
- Ability and experience in project management;
- demonstrate ability to implement activities in grassroots communities;
- Ability to manage supporting staff;
- Ability to develop concept notes;
- Capacity to produce monthly, quarterly and end of project results-based reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, Shona and Ndebele;
- Strong research skills;
- Excellent organizational skill and proven ability to deliver projects within assigned deadlines: excellent interpersonal skills and objectivity; strong innovative and creative approach.
Qualifications, experience, and key competencies
- The ideal candidate must possess at least 3 years’ experience in human rights programme management including community engagement and human rights programme coordination;
- Must be a holder of an undergraduate degree in social sciences, law or related field from a reputable University;
- Must possess a Class 4 Drivers Licence;
- The candidate must be fluent in English and one of the local languages spoken in the stated regions;
- An advanced degree in a related field will be a strong advantage;
- A Master’s degree in social sciences or any other related field.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license will be an added advantage.
Culture and values
Commitment to the organization’s mission and values, an outright believer in all human rights for all people; Driven and motivated human rights defender able to operate at leadership level with initiative and minimum supervision; Commitment to integrity, quality and excellence without compromise; Action-orientated and self-starter who can work well independently and in teams.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate in line with market standards
The application package must contain the following: A cover letter with a brief description of why the applicant considers her / himself the most suitable for the assignment; Detailed personal CV indicating experience (If any) and qualifications; Interested candidates should submit these documents, clearly stating the position being applied for in the subject section of the email to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline for submission is 22 April 2022.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel