Website University of Zimbabwe
Station : Harare
Closing Date : 10 June 2022
University of Zimbabwe
INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT
Vacancy : SENIOR INTERNAL AUDITOR – COMMERCIAL ENTITIES (1 POST)
Qualifications and Experience:
The position requires an individual with:-
- A Bachelor of Accountancy Degree
- A Relevant Masters Degree or Certification by Institute of Internal Auditors or other relevant Institutes or Associations.
- At least eight years of experience either in auditing or auditing and accounting. Experience gained from working in commerce and industry will be a distinct advantage.
Duties and responsibilities:
The successful candidate must be able to provide assistance to the University’s commercial and other income generating entities including start-up companies in the areas of:
- Analysing commercial operations with a view to identifying opportunities for enhancing their viability;
- Coordinating with Risk Management Units to ensure the existence of and compliance with risk management systems in the entities;
- Confirming the maintenance of appropriate accounting records in all commercial entities, and confirming compliance with relevant University policies and regulations.
- Evaluating internal control procedures in Commercial entities and carrying out compliance audits.
- Contribute to the maintenance of sound corporate governance systems and ethical values through:
- Carrying out periodic reviews of audit related policies: organizing and facilitating workshops to raise awareness of key operational policies applicable to each entity.
- Generate audit reports for completed assignments.
- Transfer skills by:
- Training junior staff, guiding them in formulating programs for audit assignments carried out in Commercial entities, reviewing their working papers and guiding them in generating draft audit reports,
- Carry out any other routine audit assignments as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to University of Zimbabwe, Administration Block Room 113. The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 10 June 2022.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel