Location : Mutare
Closing date : 9 December 2022
Manicaland State University (MSUAS)
Vacancy : University Chaplain
The Chaplain reports to the Executive Dean in the Division of Student Affairs and is responsible for creating programmes and activities aimed at enhancing the spiritual life of the University community which includes staff and students. The successful candidate will provide counseling services, engage in community welfare and coordinate church related outreach programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts worship services including special services e.g. Easter programmes.
- Coordinates student fellowship groups and their activities.
- Runs special prayer programmes e.g. funeral and memorial services.
- Conducts counseling services for students and staff.
- Visits grieved families and those in hospitals, home based care, etc.
- Advises students individually or collectively.
- Organizes funerals for the University members of staff and students.
- Mobilizes resources for the needy in the University community.
- Develops and manages the Chaplaincy budget.
- Decides on prioritizing outreach activities and identifying preachers.
- Student fellowship groups.
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in Theology and Pastoral studies or equivalent.
- Relevant Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least four (4) years experience as Chaplain.
- Must be mature, student success oriented with excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a cooperative team environment, ability to deal with staff, students and the public with tact and courtesy, and ability to work independently and should have strong decision-making skills.
Interested candidates must submit six (6) sets of hardcopy applications, certified copies of certificates, transcripts, national identification (ID & birth certificate) and a detailed curriculum vitae giving full personal particulars including full name, place and date of birth, qualifications, date of availability, current salary, contact details, names and addresses of three referees addressed to:
Director – HR, Monitoring & Evaluation
Manicaland State University of Applied Sciences
Bag 7001, Stair Guthrie Road
By no later than 1400 hours on 9 December 2022. Applicants should clearly indicate the post being applied for on the application letter, and only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment
|Job Category||Theology Jobs|