Biomedical Research and Training Institute (BRTI)
Post-Doctoral Fellowships in Genomics, Bioinformatics and Data Science
The Biomedical Research and Training Institute (BRTI), a not-for-profit research and training institution building health research capacity in Zimbabwe and the SADC region, is inviting applications for a Post-doctoral Fellowship sponsored by the Fogarty International Center of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
The Fellowships which are on offer seek to provide multi-disciplinary training to middle level scientists to promote high quality, innovative, and locally relevant community-based research on HIV using critical skills in genomics, bioinformatics and data science to analyze behavioural and biologic interventions for the prevention and treatment of HIV and opportunistic infections. Two Post-doc Fellowships are on offer for a maximum duration of two years.
Applicants must be:
- Zimbabwean nationals or permanent residents;
- Affiliated to a local institute of higher learning or reputable research institute;
- Age should be 40 years old or below.
The applicant is expected to:
- Develop research proposals for local and international funding;
- Collaborate with other scientists to conduct community-based HIV research projects;
- Present / publish the results in scientific conferences / journals;
- Train short courses on key research topics;
- Mentor students within their field of expertise.
- PhD in Genomics / Bioinformatics / Virology / Statistics / Biology / Data Science / Biostatistics;
- More than 2 publications in peer reviewed journals;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The candidates should have an employment contract within Zimbabwe or have an employment guarantee by the legal entity in which they express the intention to continue working at least for the next 3 years after training.
Incomplete application forms without the required support documents will not be considered.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in Tanzania
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment