Location : Rabat, Morocco
Closing Date : 6 January 2023
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Principal Officer, Training and Capacity Building
Purpose of Job
Under the overall supervision of the Director, and directly reporting to the Deputy Director, the Principal Officer, Training & Capacity Building oversees and provides advice and guidance to senior management on the strategic direction of the training and capacity building functions of the Observatory. S/he also supervises and coordinates the day-to-day activities of staff in the Training & Capacity Building Unit. The incumbent also monitors the activities of the unit and resolves issues affecting quality and timeliness.
- Provide overall leadership to the training and capacity building functions of the Observatory.
- Coordinate the development of strategic and annual activity work-plans of the Training & Capacity Building Unit in line with the Observatory’s strategic goals, objectives and priorities.
- Present and defend resource requirements needed to carry out the annual work-plans of the Training & Capacity Building Unit.
- Assist management in mobilizing resources for the training and capacity building activities of the Observatory.
- Represent the Observatory at relevant regional/continental/international seminars and conferences as required by the Director.
- Coordinate training/capacity building needs assessments of Member States/RECs on migration data collection/management.
- Develop syllabi/curricula on data collection, analysis and propose policy guidance based on identified training/capacity building needs of Member States/RECs.
- Coordinate the development of technical proposals and budgets for the training and capacity building activities in accordance with the Observatory’s strategic priorities.
- Monitor performance and prepares progress reports on the training and capacity building activities of the Observatory.
- Coordinate the design of monitoring and evaluation systems for programmes under the Training & Capacity Building Unit.
- Compile briefing notes, strategy documents, regular regional/continental reports and white papers on migration.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and/or Deputy Director.
Principal Officer, Training and Capacity Building Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- A Master’s degree in Humanities, Social Sciences, Law and any relevant studies in relation to capacity building with a total of ten (10) years of continuous and combined relevant experience with six (6) and three (3) expert and supervisory level. Areas of experience should be in:
- Working on development of syllabi/curricula for capacity building programmes, preferably relating to data collection, analysis, migration and policy guidance
- Planning and implementing capacity building workshops and seminars
- Proven experience in assessing the needs of Member States and RECs in capacity building .
- Knowledge and familiarity of migration issues in Africa will be a critical asset
- A professional qualification or certificate in training/capacity, or proven experience building in conducting training/capacity building sessions will be highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and leading teams of consultants, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Demonstrable experience in drafting technical documents for executive level consumption and/or peer review.
- An understanding of the African migration landscape.
- Proven experience interacting with international and regional public partner agencies.
- Proven track-record of working and liaising with high-level government and donor officials.
- A general understanding of the African Union or similar international organizations’ way of working and managing associated relationships with Member States/Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and partners is preferred.
- Excellent project planning and management skills for organizing, planning and executing projects from conception through implementation.
- Excellent analytical skills to respond to trends in emerging issues, and to develop, apply and adjust programme strategies to further the Observatory’s mission, goals and objectives.
- Excellent organisation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to motivate staff, work under pressure, stay on track and meet deadlines
- Excellent diplomatic, representational, inter-personal skills, including experience in interacting with stakeholders and decision-makers in order to build strong collaborative relationships with governments and partners.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities Strong written and oral communication skills, in particular proven ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Personal commitment, goal oriented and drive for results, flexibility and respect for diversity.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to operate in a multicultural environment.
- High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit
- Adaptive, patient, resourceful, resilient and flexible
- Pro-active and solutions oriented
- Demonstrated ability with regard to computer skills, including excellent word-processing capabilities, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications and experience in using office software applications such as MS Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Proficiency in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, French, English, Spanish or Portuguese) is required. Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage, especially French and/or Arabic.
Foster Accountability Culture…
Communicating with Influence…
Job Knowledge and information sharing…
Drive for Results…
Continuous improvement orientation…
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$42,879.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than January 6, 2023
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment