Station : Gweru
Closing Date : 16 December 2022
MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
Vacancy : PRO-VICE CHANCELLOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
The Council of the Midlands State University invites applications to fill the post of Pro-Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs. Reporting to the Vice-Chancellor, the position is strategic for the attainment of the University’s mission and goals.
The post requires an individual of personal and professional integrity, with a distinguished record of accomplishment in higher education or related professional field.The successful candidate will be responsible for initiating, recommending, implementing and monitoring policies, systems and procedures relating to the University’s Academic thrust and any other functions delegated by the Vice Chancellor.
Alongside operating a multi-campus system, the university is implementing the Heritage Based Education 5.0 which encompasses Teaching, Research, Community Service, Innovation and Industrialisation in line with the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Innovation, Science and Technology Development’s new educational philosophy. Thus, the post calls for a versatile and knowledgeable education administrator with proven sound leadership skills on academic issues.
Key Performance Areas
Guided by the University’s Strategic Plan, the key performance areas of the Pro-Vice Chancellor responsible for Research and Academic Affairs will include:
- Assisting the Vice Chancellor on academic matters including implementation of Education 5.0
- Responsible for development and implementation of academic plans, policies, regulations and ordinances
- Experience in supervising postgraduate studies and in developing academic programmes
- Development of academic programmes which are responsive to the socio-economic development needs of Zimbabwe
- Ensuring that the academic function of the University embraces use of Information Communication Technologies for teaching and learning
- Promotion of academic linkage programmes and partnerships with other institutions, organisations and communities
- Curriculum development and review of teaching and learning programmes in line with the Ministry vision of implementing a Heritage Based Education 5.0
- Quality assurance in its wider sense which incorporates governance/ management, infrastructure, quality of student experience, and community engagement, while ensuring internal compliance with national and international standards and directions
- Overseeing the Student Affairs Division;
- Internationalisation of student and staff recruitment, which is an integral part of a modern University
- Governance and compliance with regulations and laws
Key Competencies and Attributes
- must demonstrate a predisposition to embrace the Midlands State University training and teaching philosophy and methodology of the modular and semester system, innovation, entrepreneurship and work-related learning;
- should possess quality assurance skills to manage both administrative and academic processes of the University;
- must develop and implement quality assurance systems for the university that meets both local and international standards;
- must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- should play a pivotal role in implementing a Heritage Based Education 5.0 for the modernisation and industrialisation of the economy;
- should coordinate academic and co-curricular programmes and activities among faculties, institutes and schools for a seamless implementation of the University’s Strategic Plan;
- should be able to monitor and evaluate the university academic processes, and oversee policy implementation for marketing of the university’s academic, teaching and learning programmes; and
- should have the ability to chair the university’s committee meetings and perform other roles as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least an earned doctorate (PhD/DPhil) or equivalent
- Proven track record of at least ten years’ experience in the higher education sector of which 5 years should be at management level, that is, Dean, Director level or better.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Medical Aid, Leave and Pension Benefits are offered. More details including salary, benefits and other conditions of service will be communicated to the successful candidates.
Applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Applicants must submit an electronic application in a single pdf file which should include copies of Birth, ID and Academic Certificates and an updated Curriculum Vitae giving full personal particulars including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact details, names and email addresses of three (3) contactable referees.
Hard copy applications should be clearly marked “Pro-Vice Chancellor Academic Affairs Post” and addressed to:
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
For the electronic version, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 16 December 2022.
NB: Applicants who responded to the previous advert need not apply.
It must be noted that Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment