Station : Chinhoyi
Closing Date : 2 September 2022
Chinhoyi University of Technology (CUT)
Vacancy : Production Test and Commission Technologist/ Technician (1 Post)
- The ideal candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Production Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent.
- At least 1 year working experience in a similar setup.
- Knowledge of CAD software such as SOLID WORKS, Fusion 360, Autodesk Inventor.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and ability to plan, organize and ensure shop safety.
- Experience with CNC lathe and Milling Machines is a requirement.
- Designing, developing and fabricating from original designs, prints, sketches or verbal/conceptual descriptions, complex high-precision mechanical equipment, models and instruments as specified or required
- Performing routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Working with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Scheduling of required jobs and production planning.
- Studying blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measuring, marking, and scribing dimensions and reference points on material or work-piece as guides for subsequent machining as necessary.
- Selecting, aligning, and securing holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Calculating and setting controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Starting and observing machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifying conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Setting up and operating machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
Six copies of the application letter, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, current salary, date of availability and names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees should be addressed to:
Chinhoyi University of Technology
Private Bag 7724
Telephone No: – (0267) 2129457
Apply online to
firstname.lastname@example.org. (Documents should be sent as a single PDF document))
Applicants, who do not comply with the requirements, will be disqualified. Details on salary, allowances and other benefits shall be disclosed to short-listed candidates ONLY.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment