Location : Zambia
Closing date : 6 December 2022
Vacancy : Programme Officer (Accrediation ) (ECOSOCC)
Purpose of Job
Coordination of all activities related to the successful implementation of the African Union Harmonized Accreditation Mechanism for Civil Society Organizations the various activities of projects and programs to ensure successful implementation in line with the AU’s objectives, principles and policies including evaluating the programmes.
- Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
- Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
- Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
- Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Head of Programs Division and the direct supervision of the Head – CSO Engagements Unit, the Officer’s specific responsibilities revolve around the following tasks:
- Overall coordination of the application process for CSOs seeking observer and consultative statuses with the African Union
- Promoting and supporting the efforts of institutions engaged in reviewing the future of Africa and forging pan-African values in order to enhance an African social model and way of life
- Fostering and consolidating partnership between the AU and CSOs
- Receive and process applications from civil society organizations for the granting of observer and consultative status to the African Union.
- Review CSO accreditation applications in line with relevant criteria stipulated in the AU Harmonized CSO Accreditation Framework.
- Prepare assessment reports with recommendations for the review and action of the approving authority.
- Coordinate all correspondence with civil society organizations in the application pool with regard to their candidatures, including provision of feedback, updates, and application support.
- Coordinate the continuous assessment procedures for accredited CSOs.
- Establish and build good working relations with CSOs, AU organs, ECOSOCC committees and other stakeholders in all accreditation process in such a manner that promotes the smooth and successful implementation of the AU Harmonized Accreditation Framework for CSOs.
- Maintain constant communication with AU organs to coordinate, manage, and problem-solve all issues regarding CSO accreditation.
- Maintain, update, and administer the African Union Online Accreditation Platform.
- Perform any other responsibility as may be assigned that goes towards promotion of programme objectives & fulfillment of ECOSOCC mandate.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- University Bachelor Degree in International Relations, Economics, Applied Statistics, Development Studies, Projects/Programme Management, or a related field with at least five (5) years of progressive work experience in specific area of economic development, including project design, implementation, monitoring and coordination. An international experience would be an added advantage.
- Candidate with a Master’s degree are required to have a minimum of two (2) years of progressive work experience.
- Conversant with Civil Society operations and procedures at national or international level
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitive environment
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
- Teamwork and Collaboration;
- Accountability awareness and Compliance;
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence:
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Results
- Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (44% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 16,819.80 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than 6 December 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1493
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment