Location : Addis Ababa Ethiopia
Closing date : 12 December 2022
Vacancy : Programme Officer (Civil Society Engagement ) (ECOSOCC)
• Respect for Diversity and TeamWork • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Head – CSO Engagements Unit
Directorate/Department : ECOSOCC
Division : Programmes Division
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Job Grade: P2
Number of Positions: 1
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of Job
Maintain overall coordination of civil society engagement in the statutory and programmatic frameworks of ECOSOCC, in line with the AU’s objectives, principles and policies.
• Assist in the follow up on the activities of the Unit, in line with a predefined strategic plan.
• Suggest new and expand on existing policy areas for planned research.
• Contribute in conducting analysis and generate accurate reports in a timely manner for the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use.
• Contributing to the promotion and realization of the AU’s vision and objectives
• Assist in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area.
• Responsible for execution of defined research areas.
• Participate in the organisation of relevant meetings, congresses and conferences with stakeholders.
• Engage with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develop working relationships. Support the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines and fact sheets.
• Assist in drafting reports and participate in the preparation of budget and work programmes related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
• Provide technical support to internal and external stakeholders
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Head of Programs Division and the direct supervision of the Head – CSO Engagements Unit, the Officer’s specific responsibilities revolve around the following tasks:
• Serve as the focal point within the ECOSOCC Secretariat for participation of CSOs on various ECOSOCC structures, including the General Assembly, National Chapters, Sectoral Cluster Committees
• Contributing to the promotion of human rights, the rule of law, good governance, democratic principles, gender equality and child rights
• Promoting and supporting the efforts of institutions engaged in reviewing the future of Africa and forging pan-African values in order to enhance an African social model and way of life
• Fostering and consolidating partnership between the AU and CSOs
• Administer and maintain correspondence with members of the ECOSOCC statutory bodies, including the General Assembly and National Chapters.
• Establish and maintain updated rosters of qualified CSO experts for engagement within the ECOSOCC technical work program.
• Coordinate the implementation of specific continental frameworks on CSO participation, including the Livingstone Formula, Maseru Conclusions and other thematic initiatives for which ECOSOCC has a role in CSO mobilization and engagement. .
• Maintain constant communication with the AU Commission, other AU organs and technical agencies to coordinate CSO engagement, including addressing requests by AU organs for the participation of CSO representatives in their respective programs.
• Develop and maintain a schedule of regular reports to ECOSOCC constituents on the activities of the organ.
• Curate a weekly bulletin highlighting developments and achievements within African civil society, for dissemination within the African Union system.
• Support the development of knowledge products and policy advice by CSO structures within ECOSOCC.
• Perform any other responsibility as may be assigned that goes towards promotion of programme objectives & fulfillment of ECOSOCC mandate.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• University Bachelor Degree in International Relations, Economics, Applied Statistics, Development Studies, Projects/Programme Management, or a related field with five (5) years of progressive work experience in specific area of economic development, including project design, implementation, monitoring and coordination. An international experience would be an added advantage.
• Candidate with a Master’s degree are required to have a minimum of two (2) years of progressive work experience.
• Conversant with Civil Society operations and procedures at national or international level
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to work across business units / geographies; cultural sensitive environment
• Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (English, French, Arabic, Portuguese or Spanish), fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Teamwork and Collaboration..
Accountability awareness and Compliance..
Communicating with Influence:
Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
Job Knowledge and information sharing
Drive for Results
Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (44% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 16,819.80 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than December 12, 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1495
Find similar jobs:
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel