Location : Maseru, Lesotho
Closing Date : 7 November 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Programme Officer (M&E)
Purpose of Job
The Program Officer Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the ACERWC Programs.
• Develop a systematic monitoring plan for the ACERWC.
• Identify best practices and monitor effectiveness of the Secretariat’s support to AU.
• Assist in the development of the strategies and business continuity plan and contribute to their implementation.
• Assist in development of guidelines, policies and manuals that can guide programmes, system improvement initiatives and overall decision making by higher management in the respective area of expertise.
• Provide support to the implementation of initiatives related to area of specialization;
• provide necessary training and support to the Secretariat’s units on M&E
• Develop annual evaluation report and present findings.
• Draft high-quality, accurate semi-annual reports in cooperation with project and program staff of the ACERWC.
• Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems of the AU
• Assist on the project proposal on the AU system.
• Assist in providing technical guidance on matters relating to system review and implementation project in area of specialization, as required.
• Establish a coordinated M&E system in line with the ACERWC M&E plan.
• Assist the implementation and monitoring of programmes and activities;
• Analyses child rights and policy issues and suggest strategies and prepare lessons learnt related to monitoring of the African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the child;
• Ensure all internal M&E activities are consistent with the cooperative cooperation agreement; including
• Prepare high quality project narrative & financial reports as per the periods agreed; produced
• Prepare and submit timely progress reports.
• Track all project outputs, outcomes, and objectives against targets.
• Ensure consistent use of data collection and reporting tools from project staff to monitor data quality and follow-up on issues identified
• Assist on the project proposal on the AU system
• Monitor and report on programmatic and financial risks.
• Ensure timely release of funds and supply and ensure that cash are promptly and correctly liquidated
• Perform any other relevant duty/responsibility assigned
• Performs any other related duties as requested by supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Social Science, Public Policy, International Development or other M&E related studies with five (5) years of relevant work experience in implementing M&E activities on international development project. 2 years must be at supervisory level.
• A Master’s Degree in Statistics, Social Science, Public Policy, International Development or other M&E related studies, with at least two (2) years of relevant work experience as indicated above
• Demonstrated experience in in social development, project administration, monitoring and evaluation.
• Previous experience with a human rights organization, especially a child rights organization, at a regional, continental, or international level, will be an added advantage.
• Good knowledge of the African System of human rights
• Relevant experience working on child rights issues in Africa
• Relevant exposure to the work of the ACERWC and the African Human Rights System
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
• Ability to work independently to meet critical and competing deadlines (multi-tasking), to produce high quality work in short timeframes;
• Excellent interpersonal/teamwork skills,
• Must be computer literate with a working knowledge of common computer applications and systems; • Excellent drafting, reporting, communication and presentation skills.
• Strong program/project management skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent planning and organizing skills
• Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people and stakeholders;
• Proficiency in one of the African Union working languages. Proficiency of two or more of the other working language(s) would be an added value.
• Applicants must be proficient in one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one more or several other working languages would be an added advantage.
Teamwork and Collaboration..
Accountable and Complies with Rules..
Analytical thinking and problem solving..
Job Knowledge and information sharing…
Drive for result..
Continuous Improvement Focus
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 88,381.02 (P2 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 70,805.71 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be made not later than 7 November 2022
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Day
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in China
- Jobs in Egypt
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Malawi
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Nigeria
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment