Station : Libreville, Gabon
Closing Date : 11 July 2022
African Union (AU)
Vacancy : Project Coordinator (GCCA-EC)
Purpose of Job
The African Union Commission (AUC) has secured funding from the European Union for the implementation of the Global Climate Change Alliance Plus programme (GCCA+). The overall objective of the programme is to build the institutional capacity and support the coordination functions of the African Union Commission (AUC) and the Economic Community of Central Africa States (ECCAS) for the implementation of the Paris Agreement on Climate Change and the correspondent Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) in Africa. The AUC is responsible for the overall continental coordination of the programme implementation,
The coordinator needs to demonstrate high level of knowledge in the field of climate change and sustainable management of the environment and natural resources. S/he should possesses substantial and proven experience in coordination and management of related programmes. The candidate should be able to provide both technical and managerial advice to the team.
Under the supervision of the AUC Head of Sustainable Environment Division and in collaboration with ECCAS Commission, the Coordinator will:
- Lead the programme management unit in ECCAS
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management and implementation as well as the coherence of its actions with the policies and strategic orientations of the Economic Community of the Central African States (ECCAS).
- Plan, oversee and coordinate the implementation of the Programme’s objectives and work plans
- Provide ongoing technical guidance, policy advice and assistance
- Ensure/Engage in the preparation of quarterly, mid-year and annual progress and performance reports
- Participate in meetings, technical working groups, inter-agency task forces, and other relevant forums on behalf of the programme;
- Monitor, prepare, analyze, and evaluate technical reports and other relevant materials in the key areas and facilitate dissemination;
- Coordinate and monitor the financial management of the project and establish measurable project performance indicators, monitor attainment of project outcomes and report on project progress.
- Take charge of staff supervision, perform periodic performance appraisals, guide and supervise staff deployed in office
- Responsible for overall coordination of the activities of the Intra-ACP GCCA+ Programme at the ECCAS Commission;
- Lead the planning and preparation of reports, budget and work plans related to the functioning of the Unit in coordination with the AUC Head of Environment and AUC Technical Coordinator for the GCCA+ ;
- Facilitate and coordinate the formulation of approriate strategies and plans of action for the implementation of the programme ;
- Supervise the monitoring and evaluation of the GCCA Programme activities in ECCAS region;
- Serve as a focal point of the ECCAS on all issues relating to the Intra-ACP GCCA+ Programme and undertake all such work and duties as may be necessary for the effective execution of the functions and objectives of the programme ;
- Liaise with all ECCAS member States on the GCCA+ programme and cultivate a culture of consultation with all stakeholders;
- Maintain regular communication with the Head of Environment, the GCCA+ Coordinator, the climate change Unit, the Disaster Risk Reduction Coordinator and the ClimSA Programme Coordinator at AUC.
- Ensure complementarity with other climate change and related programmes and initiatives in the implementation of the GCCA+ programme for synergies, networking and resource mobilization purposes; and
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Minimum of a Master’s (or Bac + 5) degree in Environmental Science, Climate Change or related fields and ten (10) years of progressively relevant work experience with six (6) years at managerial and/or expert level with a minimum of three (3) years in supervisory responsibilities. The candidate’s experience should be in environmental management or climate change involving multi-stakeholders such as Regional Economic Communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the above fields with twelve (12) years progressively relevant work experience stated above, out of which six (6) years should be at managerial or expert level
- At least three (3) years out of total years of experience must be at supervisory level.
- Proven experience and extensive engagement with knowledge on the roles of RECs in the relevant sector.
- Proven experience and/or knowledge of policy development and analysis
- Additional qualifications in project management would be an asset.
- Must have working experience in the ECCAS region and be fluent in at least one of the Official languages of the ECCAS Commission.
- Candidates must have a minimum of seven (7) and ten (10) years of relevant professional work experience for Masters and Bachelor levels respectively out of which three (3) years should be at managerial/supervisory level, in one or more of the following areas: environmental management, weather and climate services, and meteorology involving multi-stakeholders such as Regional Economic Communities, Proven experience in extensive engagement with knowledge on the roles of RECs in relevant sector.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development
- Advanced knowledge of the use of climate data from regional and global climate models for climate simulations and predictions at the level of the sub-region, countries, watersheds, impacts, and forecasts of risks and disasters linked to climates;
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish), preferably one of the ECCAS working languages is required. Knowledge of any one of the other working language (preferably among the ECCAS working lanuguages) will be an advantage.
- Strategic Insight…
- Developing others…
- Change Management….
- Managing Risk…
- Building Relationship…
- Foster Accountability Culture…
- Learning Orientation…
- Communicating with Influence…
- Conceptual thinking…
- Job Knowledge and Information Sharing ….
- Drive for result…
- Continuous improvement orientation…
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The Appointment will be made on a fixed term contract for a period of one (1) year, of which the first three (3) months will be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract may be renewed for a similar period subject to funding availability, satisfactory performance and agreed deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 107,026.89 (P4 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 91,962.34 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
View more HERE
Applications must be made not later than 11 July 2022
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram
- Agriculture College
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Careers A-Z
- Common Interview Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- International Days
- International Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jobs in Algeria
- Jobs in Botswana
- Jobs in Cameroon
- Jobs in Ethiopia
- Jobs in Gabon
- Jobs in Gambia
- Jobs in Ghana
- Jobs in Ivory Coast
- Jobs in Lesotho
- Jobs in Mali
- Jobs in Morocco
- Jobs in Rwanda
- Jobs in South Africa (SA)
- Jobs in Sudan
- Jobs in Tanzania
- Jobs in Zambia
- NURSING INTAKE
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Teachers College
- University Intakes
- Vocational Training
- ZPCS Recruitment