Hot Zimbabwe Jobs
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing Date : 27 January 2023
Project Coordinator – Multilateral Environment Agreements (MEAs)
Purpose of Job
Performs the operation of the MEAs Project implementation to ensure delivery of results within proposed budget and timeframe.
- Provide technical and intellectual support in the MEAs Project management.
- Identify best practices and monitor effectiveness of the MEAs Project implementation support to AU.
- Involve in training of negotiators.
- Foster and ensure implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to Strategic Partnerships on MEAs.
- Support the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations on MEAs.
- Facilitate development of training materials and provide necessary training and support to RECs and MS on MEAs.
- Coordinate the Capacity Building Multilateral Environmental Agreements (MEAs) Project to strengthen the capacity of Member States to meet obligations in International Environment Governance (IEG).
- Engages with partners, technical institutions, private sector and civil society organizations.
- Assist the Head of Division to provide guidance and management for the human, financial and material resources on the MEAs Project.
- Assist the Head of Division in preparing statements, proposals, reports and other tasks.
- Promote sound environmental and natural resource management
- Facilitate and strengthen policies related to MEAs to strengthen capacity of RECs and Member States in development of programmes
- Support the development of policies and institutions aimed at strengthening environmental management including pollution and chemicals control as well as support to continental efforts on implementation of programmes
- Assist the initiation and development of proposals, programmes, projects and strategies that contribute to the purpose of the Project consistent with the AUC vision and mandates.
- Assist to build and strengthen strategic partnerships to harness and mobilize technical and financial resources necessary for effective implementation of policies, programmes and strategies.
- Support development of Policy Frameworks and Guidelines to facilitate Member States to design and/review MEAs policies and strategies thereby contributing to harmonization and integration.
- Assist the initiation and mobilization of effective partnerships with relevant stakeholders and institutions on MEAs for implementation of policies and programmes.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
- Candidates must have at least a Master’s degree in the Environmental Management, Environmental Law, Natural Resources Management, Biodiversity or / or related discipline and a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience out of which at least six (6) should be within a managerial role with at least three (3) years involving direct supervisory responsibilities.
- A Bachelor Degree in the above-mentioned disciplines coupled with total relevant work experience of twelve (12) years, six (6) years managerial and three (3) years supervisory experience is also acceptable.
- Experience in projects/programme management, planning, monitoring and evaluation will be required.
- Management experience and excellent interpersonal skills
- Sound planning and organizational skills
- Ability to negotiate diplomatically
- Ability to facilitate meetings;
- Ability to delegate the appropriate responsibility, accountability and decision-making authority with regard to performance management and professional development;
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages, fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Strategic Insight ….
Foster Accountability Culture….
Communicating with Influence…
Conceptual thinking ….
Job Knowledge and Information Sharing ….
Drive for Result ….
Continuous Improvement Orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment shall be for an initial period of one (1) year, the first three (3) months of which shall be on probation. It shall be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
The salary attached to the position is an annual lump-sum of US$ 110,951.49 (P4 Step 5) inclusive of all allowances for internationally recruited staff, and US$ 92,867.97 inclusive of all allowances for locally recruited staff of the African Union Commission.
Applications must be made not later than January 27, 2023
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Hillside Teachers College 2023 Intake
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel
- Agriculture College
- Algeria Jobs
- Angola Jobs
- Apprenticeship Intake
- Army Recruitment
- Azerbaijan Jobs
- Benin Jobs
- Botswana Jobs
- Burkina Faso Jobs
- Burundi Jobs
- Cameroon Jobs
- Cape Verde jobs
- Careers A-Z
- Central African Republic (CAR) Jobs
- Chad Jobs
- China jobs
- Common Interview Questions
- Comoros jobs
- companies in zimbabwe
- Congo-Brazzaville Jobs
- Cuba Jobs
- Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) Jobs
- Djibouti Jobs
- Dominican Republic Jobs
- Ecuador Jobs
- Egypt Jobs
- El Salvador Jobs
- Equatorial Guinea Jobs
- Eritrea jobs
- Ethiopia Jobs
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Gabon Jobs
- Gambia Jobs
- Ghana Jobs
- Guatemala Jobs
- Guinea Jobs
- Haiti Jobs
- HOT INTAKES
- HOT TIPS
- HOT ZIM JOB NEWS
- HOT ZIM JOBS
- HOT ZIM TENDERS
- How to
- Indonesia Jobs
- International Day
- International Jobs
- Israel Jobs
- Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) Jobs
- Japan Jobs
- JOB SEARCH GLOSSARY
- Jordan Jobs
- Kazakhstan Jobs
- Kenya Jobs
- Lesotho Jobs
- Liberia Jobs
- Madagascar Jobs
- Malawi Jobs
- Mali Jobs
- Mauritania Jobs
- Mexico Jobs
- Morocco Jobs
- Mozambique Jobs
- Myanmar Jobs
- Namibia Jobs
- Nepal Jobs
- Niger Jobs
- Nigeria Jobs
- NURSING INTAKE
- Pakistan Jobs
- Peru Jobs
- Philippines Jobs
- Polytechnic Colleges
- Rwanda Jobs
- Senegal Jobs
- Sierra Leone Jobs
- Somalia Jobs
- South Africa (SA) Jobs
- South Sudan Jobs
- Sri Lanka Jobs
- Sudan jobs
- Tanzania Jobs
- Teachers College
- Thailand Jobs
- Togo Jobs
- Tunisia Jobs
- Uganda Jobs
- Ukraine Jobs
- United Kingdom Jobs
- United State of America (USA) Jobs
- University Programmes
- Uzbekistan Jobs
- Viet Nam Jobs
- Vocational Training
- Volunteer Jobs
- Zambia Jobs
- ZPCS Recruitment