There are four entry categories into the ZNA namely; Regular Officer Cadets, General Duty Soldier, Medical and Dental Cadets, Specialists/Technical Personnel.
The Zimbabwe Defense forces recruitment policy states that there shall be equal representation of all the administrative provinces. The Zimbabwe National Army attracts it’s candidates by placing adverts in both print and electronic data. The ZNA also conducts career guidance at the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair and Agricultural Shows across the Country
Regular Officer Cadets
Regular Officer cadets are recruited from civilians and from within the organisation. Currently, a potential cadet should be in possession of the following Educational Qualifications
- A minimum of six (6) points at A level supported by at least 5 O level passes that include Mathematics, English and Science
Those with higher qualifications have an added advantage. Potential cadets must satisfy the following :
- Complete a 10km Road Run
- Age ; 18yrs to 22 yrs for A level holders and 18yrs to 24 years for those with Diplomas or Degrees
- Height : A minimum of 168cm for males, 160cm for females
- Weight: A minimum of 57kgs for males and 55kgs for females
- Body Mass Index : 20-25 (weight in kgs divided by height in metres
- Office Selection Board; Candidates must pass through an Officer selection board before undergoing rigorous training at the Zimbabwe Military Academy in Gweru.
- Period of Training: 18months at Zimbabwe Military Academy in Gweru. Upon completion of training a cadet is commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant and posted to an infantry unit
General Duty Soldier (GD)
The catchment area for GD is the civilian sector and the target area is mainly school leavers. The potential recruit will be required to fulfil the following
- Complete a 10km road run
- Age ; 18yrs to 22 yes
- Height ; A minimum of 168cm for males, 160cm for females
- Body Mass Index ; 20-25
- Entry Point ; Recruit Training Depot (Bulawayo)
- Period of Training: 6 months . Upon completion of training, recruits are promoted to the rank of Private and posted to infantry units
Medical and Dental Cadets
The recruitment of Medical and Dental cadets is governed by the Zimbabwe Defence (Regular Force) (Medical and Dental Cadets) Regulations of 1976. Recruitment catchment area is the local and foreign universities schools of medicine.
- Age is 18yrs to 25 yes
- Upon successful completion of their degrees, (and after registering with the Health Professions Council)
- Medical cadets are commissioned to the rank of Second Lieutenant whilst Dental Cadets are commissioned to the rank of captain
Skilled / Technical Personnel
These are artisans/specialists that are recruited into the ZNA. Age ranges from 18yrs to 30 yes. Artisans/specialists are those who have already attained professional qualifications in various trades
P Bag 7720
Handwritten application letters should be accompanied by the following documents
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of National Identification Card
- Photocopies of Academic Certificates
- Photocopies of Professional qualifications (where applicable)
- self addressed envelope
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel