Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Closing date : 19 December 2022
Vacancy : Revisor (Portuguese)
• Respect for Diversity and Team Work • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Head of Translation Division
Directorate/Department : Conference Management & Publication
Division : Translation Division
Number of Direct Reports: 1
Number of Indirect Reports: 4
Number of Positions: 1
Job Grade: P4
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Purpose of Job
To provide technical leadership for ensuring that translated documents conform to AU standards and norms.
• Provides technical and intellectual support in the management of various partnerships relevant for the division and directorate.
• Identifies best practices and monitors effectiveness of the Division/Directorate’s support to AU.
• Contributes to the development of the departmental strategies and business continuity plan and participate in/ensure their implementation
• Involved in negotiations.
• Fosters and ensures implementation of large-scale and long-term initiatives related to strategic partnerships;
• Supports the organization of thematic networks, consultations and meetings on development cooperation and international relations.
• Develops training materials and provides the necessary training and support to Organization Units.
• Provides technical resource allocation and policy guidance on matters relating to system -Implementation projects and maintenance.
• Revises all texts translated from (English/French) to (Portuguese) on wide range of subjects according to the original document;
• Ensures high standard of accuracy and reliability to the spirit and style of the original text;
• Ensures linguistic accuracy and conformity with established AU standard and norms;
• Provides guidance and feedback to translators to ensure that translated documents conform to the AU standards and norms;
• Consults all relevant sources, technical experts and authors of texts;
• Conducts linguistic research and contribute actively to the inclusion of new terms in the DCMP in-house terminology bank; validate terms proposed by translators for inclusion in the terminology bank;
• Coordinates the use of computer assisted-translation (CAT) tools, promote their utilization and propose improvements;
• Translates documents of wide range subjects where experience and expertise is required while conforming or exceeding to the established AU standard and norms;
• Protects the confidentiality of information;
• Assigns documents to translators and ensures timely translation;
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A University Master’s Degree in either translation, modern languages, linguistics or related fields of study with ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience out of which six (6) years at expert level and 3 at supervisory level.
• Candidates holding a Bachelor’s Degree in either translation, modern languages, linguistics or related fields of study with twelve (12) years of progressively responsible experience out of which six (6) years at expert level and 3 at supervisory level.
• Certification of Translators’ professional member status from a recognized professional body is an added advantage
• Leadership and management skills
• Communication, report writing and presentation skills
• Research and analytical skills
• Interpersonal and negotiation skills
• Ability to work in teams and in a multi-cultural environment
• Knowledge in international policies and strategies
• Knowledge in the use of computer assisted-translation (CAT)
• Knowledge and working understanding of AU policies, systems and standards
• Planning and Organization skills.
• Proficiency in one of the AU official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic); fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
Strategic Insight ….
Foster Accountability Culture….
Communicating with Influence ….
Job Knowledge and information sharing…
.Drive for Result
Continuous Improvement Orientation ….
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 42,879.00 (P4 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment ( 46% of basic salary), Housing allowance US$ 26,208.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications must be made not later than 19 December 2022.
Requisition ID: 1552
Find similar jobs:
Disclaimer: Though we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our posts, We’re in no way affiliated to any of these companies whose vacancies we publish.
Job Scam Alert
Do not pay anything in Job Search .
The Employer should pay you not the other way
Don’t Be Scammed.
SUBSCRIBE on Youtube
Follow Hot Zimbabwe Jobs on Twitter
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK
FOR UPDATES VIA WHATSAPP CLICK HERE
Click HERE to join Hot Zimbabwe Jobs Telegram Channel